spy versus spy hi-rez threads, let's not vent on each other!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rachael B, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    People keep getting mad at each other on these threads. I'd suggest:

1. We're on a quest to share knowledge

2. some of us are perturbed at the software kompanies and hardware kompanies for collectively giving us the run-around on either or both of the formats. We shouldn't take it out on somebody that we percieve liking the "opposing" [​IMG] format more/better/exclusively/along-those-lines!

Many people like one or the other formats more than the other for a variety of reasons, better player for, more desirable ergonomics, more desirable software suppourt, can only afford what they now have (one or the other), or the other possible what-evers. So what? If there's a format war, it's not SACD versus DVD-A! It's not me versus you! It's the big five against ALL OF US! Me thinks they are who to vent on, not individuals.

Be careful and thoughtful in these discussions and casual. Isn't this a casual place? It do not seem like 'da KGB secret court to me![​IMG] Be yahoo serious por favor! [​IMG]

2. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    I wish I read this before I posted to Mike's thread. You beat me to it again!!![​IMG]

3. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

Very good points Rachael. I personally have become a lot more casual regarding Hi-res debates ever since I realized both formats seemed doomed (doomed from a big 5 standpoint (well at least it seems Universal is trying)).

J

4. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

I agree. I have all but stopped posting in "hi-rez threads" because I consider it a dead issue. Regardless of the banter, friendly or not-so-friendly, we're talking about a niche (to say the least) market.

Group hug.

[​IMG]

5. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Gene, were you naughty?[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Rachael, how dare you make comments like these? Everyone knows that continually praising one format over the other will have global ramifications, and cause all the unenlightened to convert. By repeating ad nauseum that one format is succeeding more than other, someone will eventually believe it!

[​IMG]

7. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    What? Me, naughty? [​IMG] absolutely not. In fact, I was quite polite (insert smile here. I forgot to) You just said what I was thinking but didn't put down in writing. I tip-toed around the issue and you went straight at it. [​IMG]

8. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Gene, yeah, I just felt like preaching a bit, catch me before I testify.[​IMG] I just thought somebody needed to say it.[​IMG] Maybe you astrally projected the even numbered words into my brain?[​IMG] [​IMG]

Suppose they gave a format war and nobody came?

9. Dick White

Dick White Stunt Coordinator

I'm afraid it's not supposition. Seems like that is what has happened[​IMG] .

10. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

The contentiousness in this entire section baffles me. It's like when the gaming areas erupt into childish vindictiveness. There's no reason this area cannot be up there with HT Software, Movies, etc.

Then, again, anyone who has ever read the letters to the editor in the remaining magazines that cater to aficianados of so-called "high-end" audio, one can see that the entire field is couched in contentiousness.

Finally, please do us a favor and report offending posts to us.

11. Doug Otte

Doug Otte Supporting Actor

When I read bickering on this board, I usually just ignore it, unless it gets really wild, in which case it's worth a chuckle.

My viewpoint is: we all love music, right? What's to fight about when we're all lovers?

Hugs 'n' Kisses
    Doug

12. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee

Well said. [​IMG]

13. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Di nada, mi amigo Lee![​IMG]