What's new

Spy Game Dvd defective (1 Viewer)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
The problem must be with Toshiba home players only. I have a Toshiba DVD-ROM drive in my computer (Toshiba SD-M1612), and have not had any problems. (Played with PowerDVD; have not tried this movie in WinDVD yet.)

Ian Ramos

Agent
The corrected discs have an "R" at the bottom of the disc, just to the right of the copyright info. I don't know if the copies you buy now have this, but the replacement discs people sent in for have it.

BarryNS

Stunt Coordinator
The disc appears to work fine on my laptop (Tosh DVD-ROM equipped) with WinDVD....
I got this email reply from Universal...seems there is a separate address for CDN customers to use for the swap (very impressed with the prompt reply from Universal BTW, emailed them only like 8 hours before getting the reply first thing in the morning! :emoji_thumbsup: )
This has occurred only with a small percentage of certain brands of dvd players, and we are in the process or sending out replacement Spy Game DVDs that are compatible with all types of dvd players.
Can you please provide us with the model # of your Toshiba dvd player, as well as the city & state, and place of purchase of the Spy Game DVD?
Also, can you Please mail the DVD ONLY to the address below? DO NOT mail the DVD case or insert. Please include a note stating your name and mailing address. Please allow 2-3 weeks for replacement delivery.
For U.S. Residents:
Spy Game DVD Return
PO BOX 224468
Dallas TX 75260
For Canada Residents:
Spy Game DVD Replacement
2450 Victoria Park Ave.
Willowdale, Ontario
M2J 4A2
You may also call 1-888-703-0010 for better assistance!
Thank you,
Universal Studios Customer Service

Tony Stark

Stunt Coordinator
Any way to tell without actually opening the package though?
Two things:

1) A Universal rep emailed me and said that only a small percentage of DVD's are having trouble AND that no changes to the current production line are planned. To me that means that the Spy Game you buy today, next week, or next year will have the Toshiba-Subtitle problems.

2) To get a fixed DVD you send in only the DVD (no case). The DVD they send back have the letter "R" near the copyright information. Thus, the packaging never changed (for obvious reasons). HOWEVER, I can imagine if fixed DVD's are released in the future an indicator would most likely appear on the outter packaging.

Todd Durham

Agent
Well hats off to the service/customer service dept. I mailed my DVD in about 10 days ago and my new DVD arrived yesterday. Just watched the new disc and it works flawlessly.

Leon Liew

Stunt Coordinator
Rented this disc and had no problems with my Pioneer 525.

Like this movie and will add to my collection.Since having

the Pioneer 525 have not experienced many of the problems

mentioned on this forum about players malfunctioning on

certain discs. I guess I made the right choice in buying

a Pioneer.

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
I sent in my DVD almost two months ago and still have not received anything back. I guess I should be worried now?

Ron

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I just watched this last night (via Netflix luckily) and experienced the problem with the hearing impaired subtitles being on. I have a Toshiba 5109.
Very frustrating. I had to turn the movie off and back on every 6 minutes or so.
I liked the movie, and would have considered purchasing it. Not now! :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks