What's new

Spy Game Dvd defective (1 Viewer)

George Martin

Stunt Coordinator
no problems on my JVC XV-S60BK or ONKYO DVM-301 I tried to turn the sub titles on after it was playing and neither one would let me do that either.

Blaine

Agent
Does this problem affect just the widescreen version or is the full frame version is affected as well.

I've got the widescreen version and I've had no problems on the Pioneer DVL-919, Panasonic DVD-A110 and on the RealMagic Hollywood Plus.

Blaine

Has anyone experienced this problem with the Toshiba SD-4700? I haven't noticed any posts stating this unit exhibited this problem as of yet. Just wondering as I'm going to be buying one in the near future.

Lucas Dang

Stunt Coordinator
same problem for me on my 5109. Also on my Pioneer dvl909 ld combo player.
finally played it on my xbox without problems. this is really frustrating, I blame the disc manufacturer not the dvd players.
You should have heard all the hatefull things I was saying about the hearing impared when I had to stop the movie 10 times to try to fix this unfixable problem.:angry: my sincere apologies!

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
Just to make sure I understand this. I should just send the disc itself without a cover to the address i Dallas. In there I assume I need to put my address. Anything else? Do I need to notify them first or anything?

Ron Birk

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Even if you don't have a problem with this DVD, should you go head and send it in for the fixed version to ward off any potential problems in the future (DVD players dies, and get replaced, etc)?

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Damnit.

I bought this movie about a week ago on a whim. Just spent the last half hour trying to make the damn thing work before getting frustrated and hopping on here.

No way in heck I'm sending it back to Universal. Do they really think I'm going to spend even more money for postage and then wait 4-6 weeks to get my movie back? Forget it. This one is going back to the store. Glad I bought it from Costco, they'll take this sort of thing back.

It's too bad, I was really looking forward to seeing this movie. I've been told it was good. Guess that's one less for my collection, because I doubt there will be any way to tell if a copy on store shelves is fixed or not, and I'm not waiting 6 weeks for a replacement disc...

David Ruiz

Second Unit
I also bought this movie 2 days ago, and didn't like it. It worked absolutely perfect on my Sony NS-700.

I was wondering, if anyone could tell me what "Monty Python and the Holy Grail SE" is? I have never heard of this, and I'm assuming it's a movie? What kind of movie is it? (ie. Horror, suspense?) I see a lot of people keep mentioning this title.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Monty Python and the Holy Grail is one of the funniest movie farces to ever grace the silver screen.

Based on the comedy of Monty Python's Flying Circus, a popular BBC comedy sketch show in the 70's. Much funnier IMHO than Saturday Night Live.

Dan

John Choi

Agent
I sent in my defective DVD to Universal on April 20 and received my corrected copy on May 3. I tried the disc on my Toshiba 2109 and had no problems.

Ian Ramos

Agent
Awesome John. Question though, do the widescreen and pan & scan discs have the same cover art? I just worry they may accidently sent me a full frame disc.

John Choi

Agent
Ian--

On the DVD Universal sent back to me, it's indicated on the disc itself, just to the left of the hole, that it was letterboxed at 2.35. I was initally concerned they might have accidently sent me a corrected Full Screen copy, until I saw that on the disc.

Christopher_H

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if the corrected DVDs have replaced the defective ones currently on the shelves at the stores? If so, how do you know?

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I only picked up my copy a couple weeks ago, so it could be "fixed" already, but in any case it played fine on my Sony DVP-S9000ES.

KJP

Bob Pf

Auditioning
I have the same problem with my SD1200 and "...The Holy Grail". I only rented Spy Games and it was annoying but I have no intention of buying it.

Does anybody know if the "Spanish" fix works for the Holy Grail DVD?

BarryNS

Stunt Coordinator
Same issues on my Tosh 4109 changer. Also, my player locked up at the layer change, and interestingly enough, if you use scene access to go to the layer-2 chapters directly, it avoids the freeze AND the subtitles go away for the remaining chapters. The "fix" of going into the special features and selecting the "Clandestine Ops" option also works.

Unfortunately, I got this one from Columbia House whose return policy isn't the greatest, so I may just send it off to the return address at the studio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks