What's new

Spy Game Dvd defective (1 Viewer)

JoelH

Stunt Coordinator
I had the same response as John from Universal regarding the location of my purchase. I already went through the Monty Python thing, so I hope that this is handled quickly.

----

Joel

Shaun

Second Unit
Subtitle problem on my Onkyo DV-C501 player too. No suprise since Onkyo dvd players are made by Toshiba and are pretty similar to Toshiba DVD players.

I have no idea how to fix the problem, but I do find that a quick hit of the pause button then the play button right afterwards does get rid of the subtitles for a couple minutes at a time. Kind of a hassle, but it gets you through the movie.

Definitelly not gonna buy until there's a fix.

Jeff Gibbons

Agent
Rae,

I have a 5109 with version 3.00 and I have the problem, so upgrading to that one won't help. Are you having problems with 2.7 or just asking ahead of time?

Does anyone know what the latest version is?

Jeff

JoelH

Stunt Coordinator
I just received an email from Universal asking me to return the DVD (not the case or insert). The gave the following address:

Spy Game DVD Return

PO BOX 224468

Dallas TX 75260

Anyone else get this? I would like some indication that they know how to fix this problem before I send the DVD back.

----

Joel

Rae H

Auditioning
Thanks Jeff,

Just asking ahead of time.Got the dvd at costco,unopened as yet.I Just e-mailed Universal,awaiting to hear from them.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
I tried "Spy Game" in my upstairs system last night on my venerable old Panasonic A110u and guess what...no subtitle problem.
Admins/Mods,
Is there anyway this thread can be kept near the top of the main page so people can easily find the address mentioned above if that proves to be a reliable fix for the DVD?

Jeffrey Wiffen

Stunt Coordinator
Had the same problem on my Tosh-2109. Almost turned the damn movie off! Very frustrating. Glad it was only a rental.

Aaron Croft

Stunt Coordinator
Again Toshiba-SD1600 - Did not work. Tried everything, RUINS the movie for me. The subtitles come up before the dialog is spoken :frowning:
It works on my new Apex AD-1200 so it is not the end of the world :)
Aaron

Rae H

Auditioning
This from a post from another Forum:

For Tosh players....Push SUBTITTLE on remote....It then should say SUBTITTLE 4 OFF...Turn it to ON.

I returned my copy today so I can't try it.

Joel C

Screenwriter
This is horrible! And since Universal locked off the subtitles, you CAN'T turn them off once they come on!

EDITED to say that rutger_s is right, go to the DVD player's SETUP menu (press stop, then "setup" on the remote), and under "display" turn the subtitles to "spanish." This works for the Toshiba SD 1200.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Watched Spy Game this morning and I have the subtitle problem on my Onkyo DV-600. I ended up using my X-box to watch the DVD, no problems on that. BTW, great film.

-Dean-

Haroon Mir

Auditioning
I didn't have any problems with Spy Game on my Sony NS300, however, I didn't like the fact that I couldn't turn on the subtitles once I was in the movie on the fly...otherwise great movie...great disk

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks