What's new

Springsteen to re-release "The Seeger Sessions" with new material (1 Viewer)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Bruce Springsteen will be re-releasing "The Seeger Sessions on Oct. 3, 2006, with three new songs plus the two songs from the DVD side of the previous DualDisc release.

This version will not be a DualDisc but it will come with a DVD with new video material, including live concert footage and music videos, as well as an extended version of the documentary from the original release.

Rod J

Premium
Real Name
Rodney Jewett
Will there be a trade-in program (yea sure) or is this yet another opportunity to buy the same thing again to get a little additional material?

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
Ugh, that sucks. Why couldn't they just sell it that way before? DualDiscs are useless to me. I had to copy the previous disc, just to have one that would play.. anywhere.

I've implemented a "rule" for myself for this very reason. I simply do not buy any newly released cds until the latest "version" has been out for 1 year. Yes, I'm depriving myself in the short term, but I only have so much money to spend on music and I'm not going to keep spending money on the same cd over and over just for an extra song or two.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
From backstreets.com...

It won't cost six million dollars. But if the idea of repurchasing an album so soon gets your hackles up, the press release states that the new edition "will be available on a track-by-track basis from iTunes, allowing fans that have already purchased We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions DualDisc to download the additional tracks."
http://www.shorefire.com/artists/spr..._08_08_06.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks