What's new

Spring Event confirmed for 8 March: Peek Performance (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
One of the newish leakers has made up renders of the max studio and says it is definitely launching tomorrow.

I am very dubious but hopeful. 99% chance I will not watch this one live due to other commitments. Have fun storming the castle

Going to miss having you here during an event. You are usually always present.

Normally, I would be very excited for the Max Studio if it is going to take the form of a Mini. However, after spending $4k on this M1 Max 16" laptop, I can't be spending money on a Mini.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
636B0278-6712-42D7-A595-75078992F39C.jpeg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ordered the display with upgraded glass and stand. The machine is too $$$ to put on my small Apple Card balance. May wait for reviews

Congrats, Sam!

This is the Mac Mini I always wanted. However, spec'd the way I want, it would cost about $2,700 before tax. To spend nearly $3k on a new computer after spending $4k on a 16' Macbook Pro makes no sense to me at the moment. I'll just continue using my MBP with my desktop display when needed.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just popped in to see how Ron's wallet is doing... :D

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure Apple just convinced me to buy my first desktop PC from them in forever. Won't be a day one purchase, but I definitely see a Mac Studio with the Ultra chip in my possession within the next 6-12 months (may wait for a rev.2 if it takes me too long to pull the trigger due to other purchases I have in the queue).

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Congrats, Sam!

This is the Mac Mini I always wanted. However, spec'd the way I want, it would cost about $2,700 before tax. To spend nearly $3k on a new computer after spending $4k on a 16' Macbook Pro makes no sense to me at the moment. I'll just continue using my MBP with my desktop display when needed.

$2200 for the display fully maxed. Bet in 6 months it will be in an iMac for not much more. $5k for the mini specced the way I want it tho, maybe I will use the MBP for now docked to the display and upgrade to studio next year

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just popped in to see how Ron's wallet is doing... :D

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure Apple just convinced me to buy my first desktop PC from them in forever. Won't be a day one purchase, but I definitely see a Mac Studio with the Ultra chip in my possession within the next 6-12 months (may wait for a rev.2 if it takes me too long to pull the trigger due to other purchases I have in the queue).

Hey buddy! Give me credit! I showed a lot of restraint here. You have heard me shouting for a better Mini for the past year and now I got that plus a bag of chips and I managed to keep it in my pants...my wallet, that is.

For now. I plan on getting one at some point.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I didn't get to watch the keynote live, but when I got to see the replay, you were the first one I thought of. "These are the Macs you're looking for..." to mis-paraphrase Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I can see the Ultra Studio being a powerhouse machine for years to come. Given how well the standard M1 processors run the software I use most (Logic, other DAWs, etc.) the specs on the 4K machine look like I wouldn't have to consider upgrading for 4-5 years or more.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I browsed Apple; no time to watch the event tonight.

If I were ready for a new iPad the new Air would be an immediate buy.

Otherwise, nothing else of interest for me in todays new products.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Curious if anyone else is disappointed in the display's 60Hz fresh rate? I have been using a 144Hz monitor on my 16" MacBook Pro and I won't ever go back to under 120Hz again.

-kp

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Curious if anyone else is disappointed in the display's 60Hz fresh rate? I have been using a 144Hz monitor on my 16" MacBook Pro and I won't ever go back to under 120Hz again.

-kp
Only gamers will care. I’m going to be doing photo work on mine and 60hz is fine

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The Mac Studio is tempting, but I kinda like having my Mini in a stand sitting vertically. I will likely wait for a 27 inch M chip iMac to be announced before making a choice in my next hardware upgrade.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I went ahead and ordered a Mac Studio M1-Max (Ultra was a bit much price wise and I don't think I need it) 2TB/64GB and the Studio Display. Replacing/supplementing my 2018 mini.

I might cancel the display. No HDR support is a bummer. The iMac Pro supported HDR and this screen is 100 Nits brighter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks