What's new

Spring Break Shark Attack (1 Viewer)

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Yes, I am a sucker for all things sharks. Anyone else planning on watching this show at 9pm on CBS?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm watchin', but there's precious little shark action in the first hour. Just a bunch of numbnut teens drinking and dancing.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Yeah, um, that was bad. Not that I was expecting Jaws or anything like that, but hardly any shark action at all until the end.

Okay I am off to bed now to dream of better shark movies! lol

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
What a waste of time! I think they must have made this film for about $19.95.

Hopefully "Locusts" will be better! (When did CBS morph into the SciFi Channel?) :D

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I guess I made the right decision in deciding not to watch this show. I got so sick of seeing the promos during the NCAA tournament, I vowed I would not watch this.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
The story basically centers around this girl (someone who is on The O.C) and she sneaks off to spring break after her father told her not to. Her brother is down there studying sharks and there are a bunch of tiger sharks that are feeding in packs and apparently he says that is weird. So, the girls goes out with some friends and meets this guy who is filming "Girls Gone Wild" (only they used some different name) and he drugs her to try and get into her pants. Then there is Mr. Nice Guy who works there at a boating rental place and he falls for the girl lead.

There are a few scenes where you see shark fins (Ooooh) and one scene where a girl has her feet dangling over the dock and a shark comes up and pulls her in, but the scenes are so laughable.

It isn't until the end when they find out that some guy is chumming the area so that they have to close down the beach and the spring breakers will have to go to his beach, that a pack of like 100 sharks show up and start eating some people out on this floating stage. Then Mr. Nice guy and innocent girl take one of his boats out to chum the water and get the sharks to follow them out into the deep water.

I actually missed the end, because my new puppy was whimpering and barking and I'm not really sure how it ended or how they got the sharks away....don't really think I missed much though.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Way too much spring break, and very little shark attack.

I'm a sucker for any killer shark movie, but this one was quite dull.

Michael J K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
This was ok for a Spring Break movie. When they tried to tack on the Shark Attack stuff it went completely south. The last 15 minutes or so were so completely ridiculous, I was doubled over laughing!

I liked the "Desperate Housewives" dig at the beginning. Too bad it was 30 minutes late because of b-ball going late.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
So the chum box they're using to bait the sharks works really well. But they weren't thinking ahead, and there's no way to quickly detach the thing, which is connected by steel cable to a reel that is bolted to the boat. So the sharks drag the box under and snap off the back end of the boat.

The sharks are banging the boat (they're awfully agressive that way) and so they decide to use the anti-shark devices the brother was fiddling with and were mentioned earlier for just this purpose. In the meantime, one time when the boat is hit, a speargun goes off and shoots the boyfriend-to-be through the shoulder (!) The girl does the "on the count of three" but pulls on "one" trick to remove the spear. The gizmos are lowered in the water, but one of the six is malfunctioning, and they work in a series "like Christmas lights". Since boyfriend is bleeding, and the brother needs to work the computer, the girl has to go diving to fix the thing. And she does, just in time as a shark is attacking. (That was close!)

They get back and the guy is arrested. Girl and boy walk off into the sunset. I'm sure that massive spear wound doesn't need any stitches or anything.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

What makes you think they do? If they do, it's probably for the same reaons someone sits down to WATCH a TV movie called "Spring Break Shark Attack" thinking it will be good... :D

I thought it was OK, but hey should have spent more on shark effects. The shark vs students massacre at the end could have been really cool in a real movie.

/Mike

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
This movie was amazing for all the reasons why it was made. Spring breakers are stupid, sharks are smart, and people explode when attacked underwater. What is there not to love about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks