What's new

spousal speakers...really (1 Viewer)

RossB

Grip
There are a number of things my wife didn't come with (like a manual) but she did come with a really nice sterio...albiet older. The amp is a great old yamaha, as are the speakers. In fact from years of accumulation I have several old sterios's computers...sets of speakers...(but thats another storey). I was thinking the other day...maybe I should try them out in my home theater.

I have a HK avr 510 with surrounds and a 250w sub woofer...Is there any reason I shouldn't try this...replacing the front and rear remotes with these big old clunky speakers?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
The only thing about the older Yammie speakers could be that it's not magnetically shielded. You may certainly use them for surrounds, probably will beef up the sound behind you, but then again I don't know what you have as far as speakers are concerned.

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
"There are a number of things my wife didn't come with (like a manual)"

Yeah, too bad they don't come with manuals, or our lives would be a lot easier...

Jeff Aguilar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff
Over the past 13 years of marriage, it seems my wife's manual keeps being re-written. Kinda keeps us young.

Jeff Aguilar

RossB

Grip
For surrounds I have quest q2.6 speakers and a 12 inch sub woofer. I know nothing about them but they sound cool. I was thinking of trying these other speakers ( I also have some altec lansing speakers and another theater setup upstairs with wharfdale surrounds, centers and a passive subwoofer ) ..and just wanted to check if there are any things I should know. I know lots about electricity...and nothing about speakers.

On the user guide for the wife...I'm sure if there was one and I had read it first...well I might have just got another dog :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks