Sports Night, Felicity and Once & Again on dvd 11/5...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Jul 17, 2002.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

This is from Variety:

'Once,' 'Sports,' 'Felicity' Get New Life on DVD
    Wed Jul 17, 3:24 AM ET
    By Scott Hettrick

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) -

Less than a week after Fox announced it would bring last season's innovative drama "24" to DVD with unprecedented speed on Sept. 17, Disney said it would release the full seasons of acclaimed-but-short-lived ABC series "Once and Again" and "Sports Night," as well as "Felicity," all on Nov. 5.

Both "Felicity," which aired on the WB, and "Sports Night" were produced by the TV arm of Imagine Entertainment, which was based at Disney at the time. "Once and Again" was canceled last season after moving around the ABC primetime schedule for several seasons in an effort to expand on its small but passionate audience.

Each boxed set will be priced at $79.99. The "Felicity" and "Once and Again" sets include the first season and pilot episodes. The "Sports Night" set includes all episodes from the series.

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Woo Hoo!

Thank you for the fantastic news...I can't wait to pick up Sports Night. Any iea on number of discs?

3. Michael St. Clair

Buena Vista,
    Please allow playback of all 'Sports Night' episodes without the laugh track!

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I agree all the way...I really hope this is a feature.

5. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    I'd love to add "Once and Again" to my collection. Now, if they'd only go back and do "thirtysomething" as well. . .

6. Kong Chang

Kong Chang Screenwriter

Woo-hoo! Felicity!! Now I don't have to sign up with WE-Entertainment to watch this great drama!

7. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I'll totally be picking up Felicity. I wonder if this bodes well for a Golden Girls release... [​IMG]
    I always thought Buena Vista would never jump on the bandwagon, and just last year when the final episode of Felicity aired (I missed most of the 2-4 seasons) I thought "We'll never see this show on DVD."
    Glad to see that I was wrong.
    Sixteen is far too young to be buying so much TV product on DVD, but I need, I need!!!
    The Simpsons
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    Felicity
    Malcolm In The Middle
    Angel (I figure we'll get it in Region 1 soon enough)
    so many shows, so little money

8. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Robert, I was just about to ask the same thing about the Golden Girls, as it is also owned by Buena Vista.

9. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

10. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I consider myself pretty lucky, I was about 12-13 when DVD first came out, and I started getting into it right away (I was worried it wasn't going to last...) and now I have about 100 of them (pretty small collection compared to people on here..[​IMG]). And even though I had to sacrifice many outings with friends and such to save up for them, it was completely worth it.
    I don't even want to think about what happens when I get a job... Someone's going to have to limit my $$$ use.
    I think Golden Girls did rather good in the ratings, so I assume that it'll eventually get a release. [​IMG] I hope so.
    $$$ is really starting to become a problem... Must, Have, All DVD's, That, I, Want...**Grabs them**

11. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I wonder - and this is just thinking out loud, not bashing a demographic or possessing knowledge of anything - whether or not shows like "The Golden Girls" and "Maverick" and others thought of as mainly appealing to "senior citizens" will get put on DVD quickly. Since that group of consumers are thought of as not adopting to the new technology as quicker as us younger, hipper folk. [​IMG]
    Seriously, I wonder if this will be an impediment for those shows. Well, only time will tell, I suppose.

12. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Well, the broader the DVD-owning public becomes, the more likely such shows would come out. Over 25 million people own DVD players. If it is properly promoted and produced adequately, there is no reason why a show shouldn't get its share of buyers.

And "Maverick" is from Warner Bros.

13. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

True enough. And Golden Girls spun off Empty Nest, which spun off Nurses. So maybe the popularity - enough to inspire spin offs - will translate into DVD sales, in their minds.

14. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

It's good to see Disney getting into the TV on DVD craze. Hopefully, we'll see DVD releases of "Home Improvement", "Boy Meets World", and their animated series fare like "Duck Tales" and "Tale Spin".
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. AdamZ

AdamZ Stunt Coordinator

Excuse me you are forgetting CHIP AND DALE RESCUE RANGERS

16. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

17. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

TV on DVD has to be the greatest invention ever!

I've already got 4 seasons (5 if you count Sports Night as 2) lined up for the months Sept - Nov...and hopefully Twin Peaks Season 2 won't be far behind.

18. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Well, at least Disney is getting into the TV on DVD game. Whatever titles they choose to do, I hope they're done justice.

19. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I think BVHE is on the TV wagon after talking to some of the people at VSDA. No, I don't have any other titles to mention (none we talked about), but they all seem very excited about these upcoming releases, and also "Project Greenlight".

Gord

20. Lance Nichols

Lance Nichols Supporting Actor

I for one don't fall under the old timer demographic, having just dabbled on the early side of the thirty-somethings. However, I would like to see Maverick on DVD in the near future. I remember Saturdays evenings watching Maverick and Have Gun Will Travel.

That and Saturday Night at the Bijou on PBS Spokane