Sports Night DVD only has laugh track

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael St. Clair, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Michael St. Clair

According to a Buena Vista insider in the Sports Night Yahoo group (and now repeated on Usenet), the first season of Sports Night on DVD will not give the ability to disable the laugh track.

2. Wes C

Wes C Supporting Actor

Very disappointing, but very expected. Im just thrilled that its even being released. I give two thumbs up for that.

3. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Screenwriter

I only watched this show once of twice but wasn't the lack of a laugh track one of the unique things about the show? did they add one later?

4. Craig Sherman

Craig Sherman Stunt Coordinator

It was out of place, except in the first episode when Jeremy (Joshua Malina) goes into hystrionics about the Knicks when put on the spot. In that case, the audience's (faux) reaction was worth it, IMHO.

But, yeah, I would still want it out. And the M*A*S*H laugh track, when given a choice. 1-camera shows don't need it.

Still on my meds,

CS

5. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Patrick, season 1 had a laugh track but season 2 didn't.

6. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Okay...so we aren't going to have any sort of "re-inserted" laugh track in season 2 though, right.

7. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

I just ordered the sports night set. I have never seen the show but the word of mouth has been very very strong that i feel confident i will enjoy it. I guess i could catch some reruns on comedy central to make sure but nah id rather wait for the dvd set [​IMG]

8. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Matt, I doubt it because that would mean Disney would have to put some actual work into this set. [​IMG]