Sports car forum

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by MarkMaximus, Aug 15, 2003.

1. MarkMaximus

MarkMaximus Stunt Coordinator

I have been enjoying this forum emmensely, but I'm looking for discussions on sports cars, mainly imports. (Yeah, I'm a ricer) I'm in the market for a new car and I want to get something worthwhile, I was thinking WRX or a Honda S2000, I've been poking around for forums that discuss these sort of things with no luck, anyone out there know where to talk? Thanks

2. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

Have you thought about the Nissan 350Z. That is one bad looking import.

3. MarkMaximus

I've been thinkin about all types o' things, but I'm wondering where they talk about these sort of things at length, like a different site or forum or some such. All the best.

4. David Preston

I have heard of a few but can't think of any right off the top of my head. My friend is a member of neon.org that is the one that comes to mind first. I drive a Z28 and the I check out LS1TECH.com for that. IIRC that is how I found this site asking about a RPTV there and I was told to check HTF out and been a member ever since. I love all cars american or imports if I was going to buy a car right now it would be a Vette and my second choice would be a 350Z I love those cars. When my friend wakes up I'll ask him first thing about some import sites. I'm sure someone will let you know by then but I check with him for you. The WRX is awesome to with the STI coming out I think I might have to throw a couple more HP to my car. With a few simple mods to the STI it will probably run mid 12's in the quarter which is what my Z runs. Have fun test driving.

5. Tim Morton

Tim Morton Stunt Coordinator

searching google for wrx forums turns up hundreds of listings...
    http://www.wrxlinks.com/forum/default.asp

I would assume the same would be true for the honda...I am not a ricer, but drive a saab 9-3 which i am currently installing a cone filter on and upgrading the front steering rack...then comes exhaust and engine ECU mods...I guess thats the opposite of rice, because NONE of my mods will show and all will affect performance...whereas ALL of the rice shows, and none of it affects performance.....[​IMG]

JYYC!!!

6. MarkMaximus

Thanks everyone for responses, Tim those sites are for people basically after they get their car of choice, what they can do with it. It would be like a forum designated to talking about only RPTV's, where as this forum talks about HT systems, and people here help people make descisions.. Looking for something comperable to that. Thanks.

Mark

7. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

8. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

9. David Preston

Tim when I do get a Vette I'll check it out. Since the Vette has a LS1 in it you could check out Ls1tech.com It has a vette area. Lots of tech talkand racing talk. Thanks for the info.

10. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

David - I actually have been to LS1Tech.com before although I've never posted. I know that there's alot of the CorvetteForum regulars that frequent there also. It seemed like a good site.

11. Ray Gutnick

Ray Gutnick Stunt Coordinator

Ray
  12. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

13. Bill Griffith

Bill Griffith Supporting Actor

NASIOC is definatly tops when it comes to Subaru stuff.

I-Club is OK.

I own a WRX and if I had a choice between the WRX and RX8, having driven the RX8 (6 speed manual, with sport package, nav package, and everything else) I would choose the RX8. Between the RX 8 and the 350Z, again I would choose the RX8. Between the RX8 and the EVO, I would again choose the RX8. Between the RX8 and the STi I would choose the STi.

14. David Preston

Bill how much of a performance package did that RX8 have on it? What was the HP rating? I saw one out on the road yesterday it is a real eye catcher but I think I would still chose the 350Z. When the 300hp STI comes out it will be a hard choice for me then as far as imports go.
    Mark my friend didn't know of any sorry. I knew someone else would help though.

15. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick Supporting Actor

Jason Merrick
    Isn't the STi already out?

16. Bill Griffith

Bill Griffith Supporting Actor

STi is already out as my friend has one which I've also driven.

The RX8 was fully loaded, Nav Package, sports package, etc....

3 people in the car and at high revs and hard excellerating was amazingly quite. Car is pretty light, and runs about 240 Hp.