Spongebob Squarepants Season One?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Chris_Morris, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

The Digital Bits is reporting that Paramount is releasing Spongebob Season One in October. Please tell me that Paramount is not screwing over everyone who has bought the previous releases, which contain a big part of S1.

Chris

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

3. Chris_Morris

Not really the same result in not buying it as the previous releases don't contain the complete season. Hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but the way releases have gone, I doubt it.

Chris

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Ach, I meant that if you pretend it wasn't announced and didn't buy it, then you'd be just as happy as if Paramount had never announced it! [​IMG]

I would solve the problem by finding someone (or a group of someones), perhaps at my son's daycare, who are more "mild" Spongebob fans and wouldn't get the whole season set. I'd sell them the individual ones for a couple bucks less each than you can buy them at retail. They're happy, and you're happy. Especially if you've kept them in great condition, like I have...better then PV items at Blockbuster! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. RyanChristoffel

I hope this is true because, while I have always wanted to pick up the Spongebob DVDs, I never have. Maybe they'd offer some sort of rebate for the people who have already bought some of the existing DVDs.

6. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

I saw this also. I hope this is true since I've held off on the compilation discs that have been released to date. I would love to have the complete SpongeBob on DVD. How many seasons are there now?

7. Chris_Morris

8. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

If they're going to start doing Nickelodeon shows on DVD, I wish they'd do "Adventures of Pete & Pete."

9. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

OOOHHHH, Season 1, I can't wait. I knew holding off on discs of SB would work...

10. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I'm glad I held of too, as I'll diffenatley pick up a season set. Hopefully they well include that live action pirate bash that was on one of the DVDs. It had a guy from "Mr. Show" on it as the pirate. It was aimed for kids, but was quite funny. (Names escape me completly at the moment, my apologies.)

11. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

I knew waiting would pull off...actually no I didn't. I can't believe a full season set of Spongebob Squarepants is coming but Warner won't do it for Batman: The Animated Series.

This is still good news though.

12. Kevin_Lodge

Kevin_Lodge Stunt Coordinator

For those who have already picked up the first 5 compilations of Spongbob, there are still 19 cartoons from the 1st season that have yet to appear.

It looks like the new release "Tide and Seek" coming out at the end of this month will have 2 episodes from the 1st season on it also.

So at least about 1/2 of the first season will be new to DVD market. Lets just hope the price is decent.

13. Eric Alderson

Eric Alderson Stunt Coordinator

Pete & Pete would be rad. I loved that show.

14. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Okay, another double dip for me.