Spong reports Vice City for XBox this year?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Michael St. Clair, Jul 16, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Michael St. Clair

http://www.spong.com/index.asp?art=5247

I have to say I just can't imagine using semantics and titles to do an end-around on Sony's lawyers...it will be interesting to learn the truth and see what happens.

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

They're just re-reporting the rumour that IGN XBox posted this week.

3. Michael St. Clair

Color me skeptical. I missed the IGN rumor...I don't really read IGN any more.

4. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

Well, there was the street fighter 2 championship edition/turbo edition thing from the snes/genesis days. Capcom licensed championship exclusively to sega and then just changed the name and added like two things and released turbo for the snes (although it might have been the other way around name-wise).

I thought I read somewhere that someone at rockstar confirmed that there would be some kind of gta release for the xbox, but I don't remember where it was, and it wasn't particularly encouraging about what it might be.

5. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Rockstar confirmed there would be some kind of release for the Xbox. They didn't go as far as to say it was a GTA release...

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

7. KevinRB

KevinRB Stunt Coordinator

Not to be rude, but does anyone care now? It's so much later, that I would figure anyone who would want to play it has already played it on PS2 or PC.

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Dead or Alive 2 is exclusive to DC, but DoA2: Hardcore has some extra things that DoA2 didn't and it's title is different, so it's not a port. Some enhanced graphics, dropping the GTA title, added features, and possibly another thing or two could make it okay.

9. Keith Frederick

Keith Frederick Stunt Coordinator

Yes, I care. I don't own a PS2 and I don't buy PC games anymore because my wrist bothers me from working on a computer all day (and I also believe that gaming should be a home theater experience, not a desktop experience). I am excited for an XBOX GTA. It is the only way I'll ever play it.

10. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

I'd buy GTA3 again on the Xbox if they improved the graphics and allowed custom soundtracks. I'll have to pass if they port VC though, that game was last year's biggest dissapointment.

11. Mike Brogan

Mike Brogan Second Unit

Well "State of Emergency" for the XBOX was bargain priced, included added features, and had the custom soundtrack option. I doubt GTA (or whatever they're going to call it) would be bargain priced, but I'm sure they'd include some added content. Of course I can't say "State" was worth it, added value or not.

And yes, I would be interested in purchasing this for pretty much the same reasons Keith stated above. No PS2, no designs on purchasing one, and I'm PC'd out by the time I leave work.

12. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

State of Emergency......wow. That game is the worst game I have ever bought. I remember how psyched I was for it, and I ran out and bought it full price on release day(a rarity since I usually get my games online and save $10-$15). Luckily I was able to trade it to someone for Baulder's Gate: Dark Alliance.

However, a few months ago, I saw SOE at Blockbuster for $3(and it wasn't even selling at that price, LOL), and I bought it to keep on my shelf as a reminder.

13. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

$3???

I'd pick it up at that price. Was it in a special bin or something?

Kieth and Mike: Right on. I've voiced my opinion of an Xbox version of GTA in every thread in this forum.(Xbox owner) My fiance finally got sick about hearing about it, and got me a PS2 for my B-day in April. I have two games for it: GTA3 and GTAVC. Don't really want anything else.[​IMG]

14. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit

15. Greg O' Connel

Greg O' Connel Stunt Coordinator

You guys may already know this, but Spong is pretty much the National Enquirer of the gaming industry. Scratch that, The Enquirer is too respectable. Spong is the Weekly World News of the gaming industry. GTA for Xbox is possible, but I wouldn't place too much faith on anything that website says about this or anything else.

16. BrianB

BrianB Producer

In this case, Spong is repeating a story from IGN a couple of days ago.

Of course, IGN haven't exactly listed many sources for the story.

17. Michael St. Clair

18. Peter_A

Peter_A Second Unit