*Spoilers* The ending of The 6th Day - please help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Henry Yuen, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Henry Yuen

Henry Yuen Extra

I just watched The 6th Day and was pleasantly surprised. However, I'm not 100% sure about the ending.

Which Arnie goes to Argentina? The clone? Or the real Arnie who thinks he's the clone? I ask because the one going to Argentina has a perfect DNA profile, while clones are supposed to have in-built genetic defects. So did the clone not tell the real Arnie the truth and then had him sent off to Argentina with the belief that he's the clone?

Any comments?

2. Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert Second Unit

Haven't seen it in a bit, but if I recall correctly,

it was explained that his clone did not have any defects, and the clone went to Argentina

3. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    Dave is correct.

4. John P Grosskopf

John P Grosskopf Second Unit

It's really pretty straight forward:
    The clone had no defects built in because he was meant to replace Arnold for the rest of his natural life to cover up the death of the pilot of the chopper whom was thought to be Arnold's character.
    Defects were only added to clones to control them so the clones (and those who cared about them) would not go against the billionaire and his corporation (which aparently resided in Vancouver British Columbia BTW).
    Anything out of the ordinary that might later show up in a medical exam would call attention to the clone Arnold, so no defects were added to keep up the illusion that he was the real thing; plus since the clone had no "connection" to the corporation, control measures were not deemed necessary.
    At the end the clone goes off to the tropics so as to never be tempted by the real Arnold's wife or steal his cigars! [​IMG]

5. Henry Yuen

Henry Yuen Extra

Thanks. That clears it up for me. For some reason I was expecting a twist at the end, and I thought it would be a pretty good one if the clone stays and the real one leaves without ever knowing
    . Or is that a bit too sadistic?

6. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

At the end the clone goes off to the tropics so as to never be tempted by the real Arnold's wife or steal his cigars!
    [​IMG]