What's new

*Spoiler*-Really Weird Question about The Royal Tenenbaums (1 Viewer)

Russ Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Obviously Baumer tries to take his own life. I'm not sure how to classify Eli's warpaint crash into the Tenenbaum house. He was dressed for the wedding, but his coked-up screaming descent down the street reeked of disregard for his own life and those of the wedding guests. Perhaps not suicide proper, but certainly self-destructive.

Matthew_S

Second Unit
okay, it is gruesome how they attempt suicide? The first post says yeah, somebody does, the second makes in sound more of a funny thing. (sorry for the inquiry, it's a long story).

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Matthew,

The first poster is referring to a character who does attempt suicide by cutting each arm 3 or 4 times with a razor blade (lots of blood). The second poster accurately describes a separate incident involving a different character.

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
Matthew -

It all depends on your perspective.

In reference to the first attempt, I felt it was pretty gruesome. You watch the character cut himself, and then you get to see tremendous amount of blood. I have had some personal experiences with a couple of friends, though.

I did not take the second incident as a suicide attempt, but that is just me.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Additionally,

You get to later see the cuts on Luke Wilson's wrists after they've been cleaned up and treated. The cuts are VERY DEEP and rather graphic; far more disturbing visually than the attempted suicide.

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
One could argue...

...that Royal's return home was a suicide attempt. I myself subscribe to this belief.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks