What's new

Splitting coax feed from FM antenna? (1 Viewer)

J

John Morris

I need to split a coax feed from my attic mounted FM antenna. Can I just use a standard coax video splitter?
------------------
Take Care,
merc

J

John Morris

anyone know anything about FM signals passed through RG-6 coax cable??? Would a monster video cable splitter work for the frequency used by the FM signal?
------------------
Take Care,
merc

Jeff North

BANNED
I think a regular video splitter would work fine. If I remember correctly FM frequency is somewhere between channel 6 and 7 or maybe between UHF and VHF.. anyways I know it is somewhere between the TV channels, so if it works for the TV frequency It will work for FM.
North

DaleB

Stunt Coordinator
A TV splitter should work. FM is between 6 & 7. Caution though, some splitters have a circuit to filter FM out to help perserve a marginal TV signal.
Others are made for TV and FM and have a separate FM output jack.
Read the literature, or instructions on the package to make sure you have one that will pass FM and not filter it out.
Monster seems to make some good splitters, but they are not cheap.
You don't get something for nothing, and a splitter will result in some signal loss. If you are getting a good strong signal now, it should not be noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks