1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Split or Mono out with Dual SVS subs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig Ball, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Craig Ball

Craig Ball Second Unit

I just recieved my second 20-39CS sub today, I'm running them both off the Samaon S700. I have the Yamaha DSP-A1 and It has Both split sub outs and a mono out on the back, It's currently setup mono out into the Samson Channel 1 and switched to the parallel position. It sound great but I was wondering If I ran the split out from the Yamaha into the Samson Channel 1 and 2 and switched it to stereo would there be any advantage to this type of hook up?
    I'd also like to thank SVS for putting a HUGE smile on my face.
    Craig

2. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Craig,
    Glad the second woof is keeping a smile on your face,
    I'd just run a single cable to the Samson and let it internally split the signal like you're doing now. I believe the Yammy's just do the same thing(split the mono subwoofer signal) and send it to both sub outputs. Even IF the Yammy did something like a basic stereo seperation of the bass from the main L/R channels...the results wouldn't be predictable. In many cases...running *stereo* subwoofers degrades the overall response signature when a variety of seating positions is considered.
    TV