Splinter Cell presidential palace laser grid from hall. HELP!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DanielFranco, May 12, 2003.

1. DanielFranco

DanielFranco Auditioning

The faqs are not helping. I wiped out the 4 guards for the 50 th time. I go through the door with the laser grid (pulsating) However as i just move one inch in from the hall I trip an alarm.

I thought I had to be carefull a few feet intop that corridor as to not trip the lasers. Am I tripping something else. lights are out in the hall so the camera should not be a problem.

Help!

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    After wiping out the 4 guards, have you hid the bodies in complete darkness. You could be triggering one of those imaginary (and annoying) silly alarms. There are a bunch of different checkpoints in the game, perhaps some resourceful fellow has cataloged them all but that is a possibility. Unfortunately, I haven't played SC in quite some time having finished it long ago.

Jay

3. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick Supporting Actor

Jason Merrick
    It's also been awhile since I played this level... I am almost there on the "hard" difficulty now, after completing the game in "normal". I am pretty sure I remember setting off that alarm as well after taking out the guards and hiding them either in the corner or in that little conference room and then going in through the door to the room with the staircase. However, I don't think it mattered at all as I just either stood there with no one coming in, or hid in the corner... If you still have problems passing this part, post again and I will try to get to this level today or tomorrow and post the results.

4. DanielFranco

DanielFranco Auditioning

Hi,

still stuck. It is the main hallway with the small musuem-like cases with the indian statues. 2 crazy elites patrolling the long hall plus 2 security jerks.

The alarm only goes off when I open the door. The rest of the hall is pitch black after I ace the 4 guards.

Thanks,

Daniel

5. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

Hide the guards' bodies down the two sets of stairs immediately to your left when you enter the room. That should eliminate that problem, if that's what's causing it.

There's an indestructable camera in that hallway with the door, so you have to shoot out the lights, which you've done. No alarm should go off when you open the door. Does anyone on the radio say "We've found a body"?

6. DanielFranco

DanielFranco Auditioning

will try it.

No one says anything prior to the alarm. But I heard it a ceckpoint or two earlier.

This is my last alarm . Thanks. will try it now.

D.

7. DanielFranco

DanielFranco Auditioning

hmmm. Killed them all . shot all lights. carried all 4 to the bottom level to the left of entrance. opened door and... ALARM ! Last one.

Drag. This is the final mission and I can not get through. May have to start from an earlier check point. have to check if i have a good one.

D.

8. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick Supporting Actor

Jason Merrick
    Ohhhhh... I just realized this is a completely different room than I was talking about. You're talking about the one right before you get to the library I think. I will post after I get there (hopefully tonight).