Splinter cell on pc...better fps hints?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrettisMckinney, Mar 9, 2003.

1. BrettisMckinney

BrettisMckinney Second Unit

Hi, my geforce2mx400 is really letting me down on this game. I see it runs off the same kinda ini.file that unreal did and was wondering if anyone had any edits to make it run any quicker..not worried about a bit worse pic quailty. My mouse lags bad too..makes it hard sometimes.

2. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    yeah, i'd liek to hear some too... Im not that used to the UT ini file tweaks.

I have my Geforce2 GTS-V overclocked to 225MHz Core and 360MHz RAM (from 175MHz/286MHz) with just a TINY bit of artifacting (i could make it dissapear dropping down a few notches, but i dont really mind it, its very minor) and it runs okay.

3. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I'm running a geforce 2 gts 64MB and initially ran at 1024x768 and it was ok until the cia level (rain and dark means night vision alot), i'm now down to 800x600. All the options are turned up. It still slows down some but its not enough for me for it to be annoying. I find that when in night vision mode it is the worst. I've got a 800P3 and 512 ram. I think thats the minimum on the spec sheet.

4. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

run it at max resolution. And in the splinter cell.ini file change the tranparency to False. This game is really buggy, on a ATI 9700pro at 1024x768 I get horrid FPS with night vision on. Until I run the game at max resolution and then it runs fine smooth as silk.

5. BrettisMckinney

BrettisMckinney Second Unit

Hmm..interesting. GIve it a try though! Cheers.
    I also put 'reduce mouse lag-true' as my mouse was lagging real bad.