What's new

Splinter Cell Help (1 Viewer)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I hope this hasn't been asked before. I looked, but didn't find it on search.

I'm at the 2 mission. There's a part where I have to go out onto the balcony. I've been to the basement parking garage and interrogated the driver. I've made my way up to the office, then to the balcony. I get out there(it faces the courtyard that has a laser grid system). I'm supoossed to "shimmy" across what looks to be a rain gutter thing over to an open window. The problem is that as soonas i get a certain distance, an alarm goes off. I've searched and I don't see a camera. I don't see anybody in the yard or in another window. What am I doing wrong?

I hope that explanation was clear enough.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
The problem is that as soonas i get a certain distance, an alarm goes off. I've searched and I don't see a camera. I don't see anybody in the yard or in another window. What am I doing wrong?
Go back and make sure you've hidden all the bodies very well. What's happening is you get to a point where the game checks the location of all the people you've either knocked out or killed and decides if they're visible or not. If they aren't hidden well enough, you get the alarm.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
THanks Joel and Shayne

That was what was happening. I went to check my bodies and I had hidden one at the landing at the top of the stairs on the wood planks. I moved that one to the elevator shaft at the bottom of the garage and then went and was able to get to the kitchen window without any problems.

Thanks again.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Ditto to me, it royally pissed me off cause I spent like 3 hours going everywhere trying to get around the thing. I even discovered the medikit and I think another goodie on top of the elevator shaft (the one that leads to the basement garage. Just be aware that there are other points in the game like that so if you're suddenly triggering alarms, that's the reason for it.

Jay

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Im on that level just a bit further. I get nailed when I try to get the two guys on the floor where Im supposed to access the computer to shut off the grid.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
It just goes to show, ALWAYS hide your bodies well, cuz, dammit, somebody's going to trip over the damn things.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Was that from the "All I Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten" poem? ;)

-Dave

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Hmmm. Perhaps it's time to write the 'Everything I ever needed to know, I learned from Splinter Cell' list.

1: Always hide your bodies well, cuz, dammit, somebody's going to trip over the damn things.

2: A bullet to the knee is more lethal than an elbow smash to the temple.

3: A door isn't unlocked unless you FORCE somebody to unlock it. Waiting until it just happens to be open does NOT cut it.

4: Bullet wounds don't bleed. Ever.

5: You are 'stealthy enough' when you can stand in the pouring rain and not get wet.

6: Chinese AK-47s hurt more than Russian ones do.

7: Security officers notice when somebody goes running past a camera, but not when all the lights mysteriously go out.

8: No matter what happens, you'll find something to climb. Look harder.

9: Being an elite super-agent means never having to make a head call.

10: A single footstep will send guards into panic mode. A 'come here' whistle, on the other hand, will only make them curious, like a puppy.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Matthew--is it at the bottom floor whith the 2 staircases coming down on each side?

Sneak up to the one by the stairs first.

Oh and I'm at the CIA HQ now. Damn this one is hard, 'specially with no gun.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
That is a pretty good list. Although the bullet wounds don;t bleed, you get a nice glob of blood comming out when you hit someone. Looks real nice in the scope. ;)

Also, you forgot about the part that a security guard can't see in the dark... unless you make a noise, then they have the vision of a cat.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
4(edited) Bullet wounds cauterize. Instantly.

11: No matter why somebody is unconcious, the will NEVER wake up until a buddy shakes them a bit.

12: Everybody drinks heavily, and thoughtfully leaves their glass bottles around.

13: Nobody likes to see a dead dog, so they'll all pretend that they don't see any.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I'm really enjoying this game by the way. Got it for my PC, wish I had a faster machine though. But its been fun so far playing it in small bursts.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Ok folks, I hope to God you can provide me with some help as the FAQs I've seen haven't done much good for me.
I'm on Mission 7(the Abatoir) and I'm right at the very end. I need to save two groups of people (Chinese Diplomats and US Soilders) from Grinkov's troops. There are the two sentry guns and I set the one near the Diplomats to be on with IFF turned off. That seems to keep the Diplomats safe(though sometimes even that doesn't work). Here's what I do. I turn the sentry on, run up to one of the walls and creep out and snipe the first soilder.
Then I run back to the hallway that leads to the servicemen and pick off the other two. The problem is for seemingly no apparent reason someone usually slips through and kills the diplomats(or chucks a grenade into the room with the servicemen). If I'm lucky, I can get it to where Lambert tells me I need to kill Grinko. I actually killed Grinko once and got the mission complete screen but alas there was a guy in the room still who wacked me so I didn't complete the mission(Damn you Ubi Soft for not squashing that bug!). Does anyone have any tips? I've tried it like 50 times and can't seem to get it. I've got 45 bullets in my SC-20k, about 50 in my Pistol, about 50% health(I got the healthpack near the sentry guns already) and no wall mines or other goodies. This is really pissing me off and is reminding me again why I plan on selling this game once I finish it and play the first downloadable level. Games that are challenging are ok, but this game just infuriates me at times. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Here's what I did.. I've finished the game twice, once on normal and once on hard, the first time I did not have wall mines, but the second time I did. But you don't need them though. Having sticky shockers and grenades help though, at least for grinko.

Here's the pattern:

I did not use turn the IFF off or use the turrents, I simply disabled them.

After all hell breaks loose, go to the center aisle and get into sniper mode with the SC. You should immediately see a soldier's head on the left by the pole with the two bottles. Sniper him. Then shortly you should see a colonel (red beret) come into the center aisle. He tosses a grenade into a room (not you or your objective so you're safe) if you don't sniper him in time. Now after killing the colonel, disarm, and run to the right aisle (the one in front of the soldiers). prepare SC and set to single shot (to save ammo for your case). Shoot the guy that comes down and tries to throw a grenade into the soldiers. [Note: when you tried to turn the IFF off, the turrent will SOMETIMES kill this guy which is why you say you have sometimes fail here and sometimes be OK, the turrents aren't always reliable as they swing around and the the soldier may throw the grenade before he is killed].

After you kill this guy, disarm and high tail it to the center again, to get a colonel (red beret) that is coming down going to grenade or shoot (I forget which) the diplomats. You should just have enough time to get to the center and shoot the guy, No sniper as he'll just round the corner in front of you so you'll have no time. Then the hard part is once you kill this guy, you have to really high tail it to the right aisle again and try to kill a guy that will probably be right on top of you by the time you get there. Kill him any way you can. Then all you'll have left is grinko which. A sticky shocker for him makes it easy otherwise, you can kind of setup near the center wall (move up to him) and wait for him to pop out of the right hand corridor. Don't wait too long cause other soldiers will meander towards the room if you linger.

Hope this helps a bit. There are wall mines in the same mission but a little further back in the mission, you can always backtrack if you've have a savepoint somewhere around where you disabled the radio antenna, right after that, and going into the building, and below the stairs, there are wall mines.

Jay

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I played that section twice, first time I didn't know what was going to happen...2nd time I went into the area prepared. When I entered I set 3 wall explosives...one on each entrance then a 3rd a little further in. When the time came I tossed granades over the stall walls and let those and the wall explosives kill everything. Then I just hit the final guy twice, that was the only time I fired a shot. Took about 15 seconds.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Mike, if only I had any wall mines or frag grenades but sadly I don't. It's definately doable(I sort of completed it once) but it looks like I'm gonna have my work cut out for me.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I tried about 8 or 9 more times and couldn't do it. I was able to get Grinko to appear once and I thought I had him but he shot me. I just don't think I can do this at all. I really don't feel like playing the level over so if I can't get it in a few more tries I'm just gonna give up and either try to get my older brother to do it for me(if he can that is) next time I see him or I'm just gonna get rid of the game. I enjoy it but the times I enjoy the game seem to be severely outweighed by the points where I'm throwing my controller on the couch in disgust or punching the mattress of my futon. Alot of people on this board like to spew the line "a good game should be challenging". This is beyond challenging, this is ridiculous. I'm pretty good at games and if I'm having this much trouble something's a miss. In conjunction with the bug that killed me after I completed this mission, my feelings on Splitner Cell are largerly negative. If I wanted to replay the same part over and over only to fail, I'd play Dragon's Lair or Cobra Command. I agree that a game shouldn't be too easy but Splinter Cell isn't just hard, it's cheap. Anyhow, I'll try a few dozen more times and maybe if I feel like going the extra mile I'll start the level from the start(ugh, that minefield) but at this point I don't think Splinter Cell is going to have a lasting place in my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks