What's new

Splinter Cell Help! (1 Viewer)

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
I just got this game, it is great so far but is there a special trick to do when trying to open a door with the lock picks??? I don't get it, I can not make the damn thing work!!! :frowning:

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
What I do is I spin the analog stick slowly. When I feel it "click", I slightly wiggle the stick back and forth in that same position. Works like a charm all the time for me.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
It's the left analog stick BTW...

I find that if you have a disposable lock, feel free to use it. I don't think there is one place in the game where you HAVE to use it. I think the only time I used it was once I entered the CIA headquarters in the beginning of the mission, I used it on the door on the right side of the hallway. But I have also picked the lock so it wasn't entirely necessary.

Jay

Dan B

Screenwriter
Just in case Jose was referring to the disposable pick & not the regular lock pic, you just equip it & then hit the right trigger to use it. Otherwise...what they said.

Since we're talking about the game...I just realized last night that you can shoot down a sticky camera if it's too high to reach. :cool:

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
You don't have to continuously wiggle the analog stick for the lock pick to work. Once you've found the 'sweet spot' just hold that direction till it moves to the next one.

Re: Sticky Cameras
My friend found out you can use them on an enemy's head to knock them out and then just pick the camera back up. Infinite non-lethal ammo :)

Jason Price

Second Unit
Re: Sticky Cameras
My friend found out you can use them on an enemy's head to knock them out and then just pick the camera back up. Infinite non-lethal ammo
Really? I swear I tried that, but the camera just bounced off the guy and landed on the ground (and the target didn't even notice). I'll have to try that again when I get a chance...

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I hit a guy on the head with a grenade and knocked him out cold yesterday. It was pretty funny. Too bad you can't stop a grenade from going off. ;)

The picks take a little getting used to but once you do it a few times it is not too bad. I found that the diposable picks helped me in 2 situations where the patrolling guard would come around too quickly. If you aren't very proficient with the regular picks, the disposables get you in fast.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I find that if you have a disposable lock, feel free to use it. I don't think there is one place in the game where you HAVE to use it.
There are at least a couple of places as suggested above where the disposable pick is almost essential. If you aren't pressed for time use the manual method - it's easy to do once you're used to it. Save the disposables just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks