What's new

Splinter Cell help (weapon related).... (1 Viewer)

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I am at the end of the CIA Headquarters level in Splinter Cell and am having a very hard time completing it. I have read a walkthrough, and it states that you should (or can) shoot the armed guards with either an Airfoil (preferably in the head, won't kill them) or with a Sticky Shocker (which will basically knock them out without killing them). I equip both of these items (at seperate times) in efforts to take guards out without killing them (or the mission ends) and end up killing them anyways. I've read the manual to see if I am equipping the items incorrectly, and it looks like I'm doing it right. In short, how in the heck do you use the Airfoil and/or the Sticky Shocker without killing the guards?

As an aside, THIS GAME KICKS ROYAL A**!

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Make sure once you equip the special ammo (airfoil/sticky shocker) that you fire them with the left trigger, and not the right.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Left trigger for alternate fire instead of right trigger! I've accidentally shot people because of that, too.

D'oh, beat me to it.

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
I think the problem you are having is the same thing I did. I would equip the Sticky or Air Foil, then hit the right shoulder button, and kill them... you have to use the LEFT shoulder button to shoot the secondary ammo you equip... I hope that helps, it sure worked for me.

Tom

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Thanks. The end of this level is pretty hard (at least for me). The last of the three guards keeps hitting the damn alarm!

Lee L

Supporting Actor
USe a sticly camera to look back at the guards, it is much easier to time their movements and see where they go.

The levels get harder from here on out overall, but the section you are in was one of the most difficult for me.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I've accidentally sticky shockered a light too during the Chinese Embassy level!

The sticky camera works well there, in fact, I think it was the only time I've used one, other than to play with it. I've used a distration camera only once during the whole game too.

Jay

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Thanks a lot! I finally realized what I was doing wrong- I would equip the Sticky Shocker (or Airfoil) and go into sniper mode. Thus, when pressing the left trigger I hold my breath instead of shooting off alternative fire (which you can do in non-sniper mode). I replayed the end of the level about five times just to watch those bastards jolt in shock for making me have so many frustrations!

Ah well, on to the next.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks