What's new

Splinter Cell demo in December issue of OXM (1 Viewer)

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Will someone do me a favor and look and see if there is a customer service phone number I call at OXM. I would like to get a subscription and see if they will send me the December issue now.

I looked on their website but it doens't have any info at all.

Thanks

Dan B

Screenwriter
I got mine in the mail today. :D
giggling uncontrollably
Paul, I have the magazine right here but I don't see a customer service # to call. Try a forum search here, though, because I remember posting it once before.
-Dan

Eric F

Screenwriter
Obviously the magazine is worth the $2 per issue for the demo-disk itself. I just wish the writing were better.

They write on a level that is for 13yr olds, and the X-Box market is the oldest out of all the consoles, towards the 20s-30s. The writers themselves are mostly in their 30s.

I'm not sure why they don't get the message. Mostly I don't even look at the rag for more than a few seconds.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
It seems strangethat we're getting the December issue in October...but I'm not complaining!!!

Glad to hear the Splinter Cell is going to be kick ass!!!

Dan B

Screenwriter
I have played the Splinter Cell & Panzer Dragoon demos a bit today. Here's my impression:
Splinter Cell is absolutely great. Damn great. One complaint I have about the demo, however, is that there is no option to invert the look axis. :angry: I won't spoil this game for anyone, it's just too frickin' cool, but if anybody has specific questions I'll be glad to answer them.
The Panzer Dragoon demo is a bit of a let-down so far. Maybe my hopes were too high or it's just a let-down compared to playing Splinter Cell first. ;) I find the aiming to be a little bit sluggish...not too bad, just not as fast as I would like. I'm also finding the gameplay to be a bit simplistic & repetitive. I haven't played the previous games in the series, so maybe I just didn't know what to expect. The music & sound effects seem really weak & sparse, also, but I think they must still be working on those. (after all, the game doesn't come out for a while yet) crosses fingers Anyway, it could still be a great game (Smilebit hasn't let me down yet on the 'box, so I'm confident that this one will be polished by it's release) or maybe it's just not my cup of tea.
I played BloodRayne for a few, & it was reasonably fun in a mindless sort of way.
Oh, and I played TJ&E3 a bit, and I also need the controls inverted on that one, but for the left & right, not up & down. I ran around trying to funkify people...but to be honest I really had no clue what the hell was going on. I'm going to have to spend some more time on that later.
-Dan B.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I ran around trying to funkify people...but to be honest I really had no clue what the hell was going on. I'm going to have to spend some more time on that later.
The first place you start the game at is a "hub" world where you cant "funkify" anyone yet. Collect 5 keys and then a searchlight will be lit that will let you into the first level. Once you do that you cant "funkify" the children on this board and collect more keys to open up more levels.

Dan B

Screenwriter
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ran around trying to funkify people...but to be honest I really had no clue what the hell was going on. I'm going to have to spend some more time on that later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first place you start the game at is a "hub" world where you cant "funkify" anyone yet. Collect 5 keys and then a searchlight will be lit that will let you into the first level. Once you do that you cant "funkify" the children on this board and collect more keys to open up more levels.
Are you talking about the OXM demo or the full game? I was referring to the demo on OXM. Anyways, I played that one some more & haven't really got a grasp on the point of it yet. Oh well, I must be funk-impaired or something. :frowning:
I've played Panzer Dragoon Orta some more. I think my problem with that demo is that it's just over too quick. :D
-Dan

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Ah, I thought you meant the full game Dan..dont know what the demo is like for Toejam and Earl 3....Sorry:frowning:

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Must have.....more panzer details........ how long is the level? which one is in the demo? any bosses? ugh.... feels like forever beofre we get the magazine in this town....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks