What's new

SPL meters...? (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Is there a website or something I could goto to find out the basics of an SPL meter? I just got a new sub and ive never calibrated any of my speakers. Yes, I am happy with the sound that I get, but id like to get the best I can from it.

I hear everyone saying they can adjust the frequencies that their speakers produce. How do you do that? Could someone explain it or point me in the right direction?

thanks

Sheldon

Stunt Coordinator
Have you tried going into one of the search engine and doing a search.Google can usually tell you anything.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Both the AVIA and Video Essential discs include instructions on using an SPL meter, along with test tones.

M.

Robert Barker

Stunt Coordinator
Calibrating w/ a SPL Meter is very easy. For instructions on this do a Search on this web site for "SPL Meter". The topic has been discussed many times.

The SPL meter itself will not adjust anything, but it will help you adjust your system. Depending on your receiver you will be able to match each speaker within a decible of each other. If you have an EQ, Mic, PC, and proper software you will be to adjust the sound level of different frequencies, but not the frequencies them self.

Robert Barker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks