1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

SPL meters...?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony Moore, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Anthony Moore

Anthony Moore Supporting Actor

Is there a website or something I could goto to find out the basics of an SPL meter? I just got a new sub and ive never calibrated any of my speakers. Yes, I am happy with the sound that I get, but id like to get the best I can from it.

I hear everyone saying they can adjust the frequencies that their speakers produce. How do you do that? Could someone explain it or point me in the right direction?

thanks

2. Sheldon

Sheldon Stunt Coordinator

Have you tried going into one of the search engine and doing a search.Google can usually tell you anything.

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Both the AVIA and Video Essential discs include instructions on using an SPL meter, along with test tones.

M.

4. Robert Barker

Robert Barker Stunt Coordinator

Calibrating w/ a SPL Meter is very easy. For instructions on this do a Search on this web site for "SPL Meter". The topic has been discussed many times.

The SPL meter itself will not adjust anything, but it will help you adjust your system. Depending on your receiver you will be able to match each speaker within a decible of each other. If you have an EQ, Mic, PC, and proper software you will be to adjust the sound level of different frequencies, but not the frequencies them self.

Robert Barker

5. DaveLenhert

DaveLenhert Stunt Coordinator