What's new

SPL meter/ Digital or Analog? (1 Viewer)

Paul E

Auditioning
I need a n SPL meter from RS. They have a digital meters for $49. Said they don't carry analog any more. Is this what I want?:emoji_thumbsup:

SeanA

Second Unit
General consensus is that the analog meter is better... simply because you can see minor movement in the signal and better gage if the signal is moving up or down. And the analog meter is about $10-$15 cheaper. I would check to see if you can buy the analog meter through Radio Shack's website.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I have the digital meter and I never had difficulty seeing the "increments" ;)

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
I, too, have the Digital unit. I would think that the analog would be a bit more precise when splitting hairs...but do not find it to be a problem when calibtaing my set ups.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I also have the digital, and it works great, it was the only available in Radio shack, any of the two will do.

BenSC

Stunt Coordinator
I never saw the analog one on their website, but in the store, it was sitting right next to the digital one for $15 cheaper.

I bought the analog, but then realized that I cannot control the individual db levels on my receiver. So for me, it didn't make any difference.

Paul E

Auditioning
Thanks all. I'll buy whatever they have at RS. Got my new 2003 Joe Kane calibration DVD yesterday in mail( BTW Amazon.com $18).

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks