Spkr+Rcvr Package Recommendations??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnnyN, Jan 8, 2002.

1. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Stunt Coordinator

Sep 10, 2001
    I'm back in the market again... this time looking for a small setup for my apt in LA. I've already got a Denon 4802 + B&W CDM NT Series main theater and a Pioneer Elite + B&W 600 series family room theater in texas. I'm only gonna be in LA on and off for about another year, but it sucks having to use my JVC Mini Stereo system for everything.
    I've been surfing around online and found some cool packages and wanted to run those by everyone and also get some new more recommendations.
    H&K AVR320 + Atlantic Technology T70 for $1132.00
    H&K AVR520 + Superzeros + Velodyne FSX12 Subwoofer for $1329.00
    NAD T761 + PSB Alpha (AV,Mini,Center,SubZero) for $1299.00
    Denon 2802 + NHT SuperOnes + SuperCenter for $1299
    Maybe I can get these packages cheaper, but I'd rather not have a $100 savings come at the expense of poor service and warranty problems.
    I'm really pleased with the sound of my B&W and Denon 4802 set up and I really like the definitive technology power monitor series, but outta my price range. I've heard the NHT SuperOnes and they sound great... anything along those lines would be great.
    I haven't had a chance to really check out some of the other brands like Canton, RBH, Paradigm, Klipsch, Acoustic Research and if anybody would like to recommend these along w/ a place in LA for me to audition them, I'd love to hear about it. I'm keeping a really open mind, but I think bookshelves + sub would be ideal.
    Phone Numbers/Addresses + URL's would be greatly appreciated. [​IMG]
  2. Tom D

Tom D Stunt Coordinator

Oct 29, 2000
    I would have to say I am biased towards the Denon and the NHT's. Those superones really do sound good.