What's new

Spirited Away is getting a wide release. (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Yep, saw a commercial this morning for the rerelease, so it is happening. Go see it, it is a great film.

Jason

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Woo hoo! It's coming back to my local Cinemark. Even though the DVD's coming out in a few weeks, I may have to treat myself to a repeat performance. :D

Guy_K

Second Unit
No way they'd be doing this if it didn't win the Academy Award. They're just taking advantage of its win to make some money.

Kinda makes me mad :angry: .. It's good though that people will get a chance to see it on the big screen.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Is there a webpage listing the cities the re-release will take place in starting this Friday?

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Nausicaa.net has a link to the theaters that they will be updating as soon as info is forwarded to them; it's probably the best place to start.

-Dennis

--edit
March 26, 2003: "Spirited Away" DVD Delay Possible
In a good news/bad news situation, Jack Matthews of the New York Post reports:

---
"[Walt Disney Chairman Dick] Cook said that if "Spirited Away" finds an audience, Disney may postpone the its video/DVD release from its scheduled date, April 15."

YIKES!

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I’ll take the big screen, as I missed this the first time around. The DVD will show up in the fullness of time.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Is there a webpage listing the cities the re-release will take place in starting this Friday?
You may want to check theaters in your area. I looked up my local Cinemark on their web page, put in Friday as the date, and lo & behold Spirited Away appeared on the schedule.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I hope this leads people to pay more attention to anime in terms of awards and recognition, but not ALL anime so that the crap stuff starts taking over.

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Ted: My thoughts exactly.

They should have released it right the first time around. Those mother lovin' butt monkeys!! :D

-Dennis

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
It's opening in my area this weekend. I guess I'll get another chance to see it - this time, the dub version.

~Edwin

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
"[Walt Disney Chairman Dick] Cook said that if "Spirited Away" finds an audience, Disney may postpone the its video/DVD release from its scheduled date, April 15."
See above. I can wait longer. (Considering I saw the movie twice in theaters.)

Jason

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yay, it's playing in a handful of theaters in the Atlanta area, so I'll be seeing it on Saturday.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I judge opening wide by my multiplex down the street. Hell About Schmidt and Adaptation never did make it there. This is making it there. If that's the case it has to be all over the place.

Guy_K

Second Unit
Or on the flip side, it'll make no money and Disney won't even bother to pick up similar films in the future. I guess it's worth the risk, but I really doubt this will make much money. Most families haven't even heard of it, and won't be going to the cinemas to see it. I think really young kids might be scared of some of the images in it as well.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Going tomorrow night. I was suprised when the Historic West didn't show this, as they are the theater that would usually be the only theater to carry a film like Spirited Away. Now, wouldn't you know it that Hollywood Cinemas is including it for this weekend. I'm not complaining.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks