Spin City Season One and treasure Planet allegedly due in March

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dewitte, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Dewitte

Dewitte Stunt Coordinator

During my shift tonight at Suncoast, I noticed the "Coming Attractions" board had been updated with the aforementioned titles scheduled for release in March. As to when in March, I have no idea and I was unable to find any confirmation in our pre-order material.

Can anyone confirm this or is this just a huge screw up (wouldn't surprise me) on the part of Suncoast's marketing department?

De

2. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

I've heard before that Treasure Planet was coming in March, so I'm sure that's correct (Side Note: Although the UK cinematic release of TP is not until Feb 14th, most of the supplements have already been passed by the BBFC See Post Here, meaning that they have already been completed).
    Spin City is a complete surprise, although most welcome. This would be Dreamworks' first release of their TV product, and would (presumably) be released through their distribution agreement with Universal, so it will be interesting to see what the price for the set is.
    (Added item in bold to show of early TP supplements have been certified.)

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Spin City was a joint venture of Dreamworks, UBU Productions (none of their shows have had a DVD release before), and Fox's Lottery Hill Entertainment, with shooting location and scripting help from divisions of Paramount and CBS respectively, and distributed on ABC TV.
    So I checked Universal/Dreamworks. I checked Paramount (which is owned by Viacom, who also owns CBS). I checked Buena Vista/Disney (which owns ABC). I looked up stuff at MJF websites (his Parkinson's-oriented personal site, his official fan club site, and several unofficial sites). I looked this up at Suncoast.com, BestBuy.com, MediaPlay.com. Then I headed to other e-tail sites like Amazon, CircuitCity, DVDEmpire, DVDPlanet, etc.
    I am coming up empty on all counts for Spin City. Sorry.
    On the other hand, I'm coming up empty on Treasure Planet, too. BV's press releases doesn't include this yet, and none of the e-tailers I found do, either.
    It wouldn't be the first time Suncoast was wrong. On the other hand, it wouldn't be the first time someone got an early scoop by watching the boards at Suncoast, either. [​IMG]
    Anything's probable. I'll keep looking, starting with my local Suncoast.

4. Patrick McNeal

Patrick McNeal Auditioning

Any confirmation on Treasure Planet yet?

5. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

Re: Treasure Planet
    VideoETA has an estimated April 2003 release listed:
    Here
    However, I'm sure I have seen a late March release date mentioned somewhere (which I believe co-incides with the 2 disc Sleeping Beauty releasse, which most people think is to be released in May - so the source could be wrong).