Spikes for a center channel speaker

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan Pullar, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Nathan Pullar

I have been thinking about adding spikes to the bottom of my Paradigm 350 Center channel speaker. This is for two reasons, first to isolate the speaker from the entertainment unit it sits on and second to be able to better "aim" the speaker.
    I have been looking at the products on this site
    http://www.uhfmag.com/MiscAccessories.html
    They are a sealed unit containing both a spike and a dish to receive it. they have a couple different kits
    kit of 4 Superspikes with 1/4" shank, $
    kit of 4 Superspikes with 5/8" shank, $
    kit of 4 Superspikes with 6mm" shank, $
    kit of 4 Superspikes with 8mm shank, $
    kit of 3 stick-on Superspikes, $
    the second are
    Spikes for your loudspeakers
    [​IMG]
    Target spikes, you drill a hole in the speaker base with Target's supplied drill bit, and force fit the socket (the part at right in the illustration above) into the hole. The spike then screws into the socket. You then tighten the nut to keep the spike from wobbling. The S4W kit includes eight spikes, the drill bit and the wrench for the nut. It costs $
    Lastly
    Tenderfeet cones
    [​IMG]
    The machined aluminum Tenderfeet give superior isolation from the floor.Tenderfeet are anodized to protect them from tarnishing, and they have a threaded hole to allow screwing them to the equipment.
    The TFG (natural aluminum color) costs $
    the TFGN (black) costs $.
    for hardwood floors add the Tendercup, shown above. It is an inverted cone with a small depression to receive the point of either a cone or a spike.
    The TCP (aluminum) costs $
    the TCPN (black) is $.
    Anyway what I am looking for is some opinions on these products or suggestions of alternatives

2. Barry_B_B

Barry_B_B Second Unit

Nathan, I use rubber feet with adhesive backing from RatShack on my center. Cut and stacked an extra set in the rear so it aims the speaker towards the listeners. Cost might have been $3.50.[​IMG]

3. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    Various companies sell

4. John H

John H Second Unit

I am using spikes on my center channel speaker.
    It's basically the same principle as the target spikes shown.
    My speaker already had threaded inserts for adjustable feet.
    I replaced the front feet with 1" spikes. I fabricated a longer spike for the rear for precise downward tilt.
    They rest in Lovan Audio "footers" protective receptacles.
    John

5. Nathan Pullar

Greg R

I have been looking for center speaker stands but the only ones i can find are the one that sit on the floor and not on the top of my entertainment unit.

Do you have any websites I can look at?

Thanks

Nathan