Spikes and Binding Posts

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Deacon, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Kevin Deacon

Kevin Deacon Second Unit

I'm in the process of building the Proac Response 2.5 clones and need a source for high quality spikes and binding posts.

I've looked at Parts Express and Madisound and don't see what I want. The spikes must be able to convert to rounded feet for the purpose of hardwood floors.

The binding posts must be gold plated and be able to fit a 1.5" thick panel. I am 'not' looking for binding post cups. I want single posts that can be positioned as far apart as I want. Where do the high-end manufacturers source their parts? Thanks for your help.

2. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    How bout These for binding posts. I used these for my sub and they are top quality and have a long rear bolt for thick walls. You may have to bore out just a little bit on the backside as these can go through only about 1" walls or so. You'll have to measure yourself but I found these to work great through my 2.25" baffle with a little bit of boring through the rear.
    For the spikes/feet, maybe you should try a combo of These and these.
    You can use both at the same time and remove the spikes when needed or interchange them as you see fit. Just get some machine screws to mount the rubber feet on the threaded insert for the spikes.
    Edit: Fixed

3. DerrickN

DerrickN Stunt Coordinator

How about this custom made high quality spikes
    [​IMG]

4. Kevin Deacon

Kevin Deacon Second Unit

Ok DerickN, nice post. They certainly don't look they they can convert to rounded feet, and you fail to mention where they are sold. Come on man!!!

5. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

The new Madisound YG-POOSTB and YG-POSTR have 45mm shafts - that's 1.77 inches:

New from Yung. Gold plated 3-way posts w/ extra long 45 mm shaft, 5 mm diameter. 9mm knurled diamond-pattern head. 6mm cable entry hole. 4 mm banana plug hole. Red or Black.

$1.25

6. Kevin Deacon

Kevin Deacon Second Unit

Hey Frank, those look good, and they are cheap. Thanks for the suggestion.

7. Mike Keith

Mike Keith Second Unit

Try these for Spikes, some claim they are the best, certinally expensive though if you get the gold plated ones.
    http://www.soundcare.no/

8. DerrickN

DerrickN Stunt Coordinator

Kevin,
    Sorry, I couldn't reply to you earlier and it looks like you already found a bargain one from madisound. But here is the link just in case you're still interested.
    http://petersmfg.com/