What's new

Spike TV (1 Viewer)

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Courtesy Rajahwwf.com:

"Today’s New York Post features a report saying that the current court case that TNN is involved in over them changing their name to Spike TV has already cost them $16.8 million. The case was filed by feature film director Spike Lee along side his very popular attorney, Johnny Cochran.

Among income lost includes "loss of media dollars, production costs, and advertising revenues," due to the injunction that keeps TNN from changing its name to Spike TV, after a very heavy advertising campaign to promote the new network."

Johnnie Cochran, go back to defending double-murderers, and Mr. Lee, go back to doing...well, whatever it is you actually do.

Chris

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I was watching "the new TNN" today and during one of the brief promotions they actually made mention of a (Michael correct me if I'm wrong here)New York state injunction that put their new name on hold or something to that effect.

Btw Michael I want to thank you for sharing your expertise with us. The justice system ain't always pretty(is it ever?) and I appreciate your input on this seemingly simple yet convoluted matter. :)

Edit: Correction, "the new TNN" promo says 'due to a New York state ruling we can't mention our name'.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Sucks about the lawsuit, I've been on Medical leave for 6 plus weeks, but watched the send off last night, great stuff well Stripperella anyway. Now Renn & Stimpy, after the Renn's butt being violated and him slapping Stimpy with the comment I'm the pitcher, you're the catcher took me to the limit.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
what was on last night?
i thought the new shows start thursday.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Tony, they had a preview show from the Playboy Mansion where they interviewed celebrities and showed clips of the new shows. The shows do start Thursday.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Spike Lee has no, and I mean NO, monopoly over the name "Spike". There's Spike the bulldog from the Tom and Jerry cartoons, Spike Jones the bandleader and his son Spike Jr., Spike Jonze the music video and movie director, and of course Spike from "Buffy". Not to mention all those businesses and links that were posted earlier.

Someone should get Spike Lee some cheese for his whine.

As for kicking him in the ass daily, let's upgrade that to a twice-daily or thrice-daily ass-kicking. :)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Spike Lee has no, and I mean NO, monopoly over the name "Spike". There's Spike the bulldog from the Tom and Jerry cartoons, Spike Jones the bandleader and his son Spike Jr., Spike Jonze the music video and movie director, and of course Spike from "Buffy". Not to mention all those businesses and links that were posted earlier.
Don't forget Snoopy's brother.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
And then there's the Golden Spike (used where the Central Pacific and Union Pacific Railroads met on May 10, 1869).

Jay Heyl

Stunt Coordinator
TNN has today announced their intention to drop all further legal action pertaining to the renaming of their network "Spike TV". They have instead decided to rename the network "BDN". New logos and promotional material will be ready within the week.

Sources within TNN, who all insisted on anonymity, claim there is absolutely no truth to the rumor that BDN stands for Butthead Director Network.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Jay, is that a joke? I just looked at EMOnline, Yahoo! News, and CNN and found no story about that.

Jay Heyl

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, it's a joke. Or at least was meant to be.

Some time ago Apple had a development project going on that they codenamed "Sagan", in honor of the well known astronomer. Carl Sagan, however, who was very much alive at the time, apparently didn't think it that much of an honor and he sued to keep them from using that name. Apple didn't fight it and quickly changed the name of the project to "Butthead Astronomer". This was before the days of Bevis & Butthead, so they were clear on that one.

My joke was meant to be an homage to the fun guys at Apple. I was originally going to say they were changing the name to Butthead Director with an Ego So Big it's Amazing We Can All Fit on the Same Planet with It, but I thought that might be a wee bit on the wordy side.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks