What's new

Spies Like Us/Three Amigos (1 Viewer)

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Has anyone heard anything about the Spies Like Us/Three Amigos Warner 2Pak? According to Amazon it will be released on November 20, 2001, but there are no technical details listed.
The currently released DVDs of both films leave a lot to be desired: Three Amigos is widsecreen, but it's a poor non-anamorphic transfer, and it also appears to be mis-framed. Spies Like Us is only available on DVD in a terrible "fullscreen" transfer with really bad sound.
I hope Warner does the right thing with these films this time around, but I'm not holding my breath. Anyone have more information?
------------------
John
http://www.twowiresthin.com

Ruben Zamora

Stunt Coordinator
I love Spies Like US. I agree, the sound and even picture are terrible. I think its one of those two comedians greatest movies.
------------------
Ruben Zamora
Onkyo TX-575X
Pioneer DV-333

Gavin_L

Second Unit
I'm guessing it will be the same dvds, they are just putting two dvds together. I haven't heard anything from the various dvd news sites. so i betting they are just rereleasing the old versions
Would be nice to see spies like us in widescreen version and some nice chevy and dan commentary in a special edition..... I currently own the regular nice full screen version =.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Yeah, Three Amigos pretty much sucks. The non-anamorphic transfer is piss poor and because of an authoring mistake the DVD sends you back to the main menu BEFORE the end credits are finished rolling!
Somebody needs to get on the ball and redo this one.
Link Removed

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The Three Amigos' negatives are in bad shape on the DVD as well. There are shots where the frame wobbles & weaves back and forth due to sprocket hole stretching. HBO did a hack job on this even though it's in widescreen.
They need to give this screwball classic the respect it deserves.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!
[Edited last by Dan Hitchman on October 14, 2001 at 09:53 PM]

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
Both of these superb comedies need to be revisited, yet I don't see that happening for a long time.
------------------
"Home is where the theater is!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks