What's new

Spielberg's Taken - Specs, Cover & Disc Art (1 Viewer)

John DrakeLaw

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks James. If the R2 includes a DD 5.1 Ex track then I think I'll forgo the additional extras and go for it.

Brenton

Screenwriter
I haven't seen this yet (I don't get the Sci-Fi Channel), but apparently it'll be airing on CBC in like a month, so I guess I'll be able to decide if it's worth a purchase.

"Yikes!" to that price!

ace peterson

Second Unit
This epic mini series has already consumed 2 weeks of my life when it was aired on SciFi. I can't allow it to progress any further. Must resist...

Bruce F

Agent
Real Name
Bruce
I'm considering this as a blind purchase, as I'm currently doing some work with the composer of the music for the series. It doesn't hurt that I'm a big science fiction fan, but I haven't had time recently to watch much television, much less all my DVDs.

Bruce

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Sorry for resurrecting an ancient thread, but I've just recently been introduced to this miniseries. A co-worker had the DVD set and thought I'd enjoy it, so he lent it to me.

The wife and I finally found some time back in December to watch it. We did it all in about five nights, and were favorably impressed - enough so that I wanted to own the set for myself.

The first thing I noticed, in trying to acquire it, was that Amazon.com listed it as being only available from its marketplace sellers, which I assumed meant that it was out-of-print.

A few other online sellers listed it, but they seemed sporadic and only at full list price.

I finally acquired the series from a seller on eBay, but I wondered about why such a recent series might be out-of-print.

Any theories?

Were they all....TAKEN?

Harry

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I was hoping for a price reduction on this, but if it is indeed getting hard-to-find, I may just have to go snag that copy I saw recently at Best Buy.

DwayneH

Stunt Coordinator
It may not be around anymore due to the high price. I wanted it but it cost too much. I did notice that in the stores around me the set just sat on the shelves and was later just removed.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I agree with Dwayne, I would have bought it a long time ago but the price has never really dropped much (just like Band of Brothers) and I guess I am a cheap bastard on certain things that, IMO, are fairly over priced after all this time in print.

P.S. Doesn't this belong in the TV area?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks