What's new

Spielberg does a trek episode/stargate hybrid? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Why would you assume that it will take the same approach as the above? Based on only the tiny blurb on DH, as well Spielberg's recent work, I would hazard it would be a much more serious take, probably more hard sci-fi, on the subject rather than bubble gum adventure like Stargate.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I think the big one may be yet to come .... with a Star Wars television series coming ... I'd say there's a good chance Spielberg gets to direct an episode or a series of episodes.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Spielberg's name has been "attached" to an awful lot of projects that he later detached himself from. I would take this with a grain of salt the size of a hummer. No doubt he will return to the genre, as he always has, but to be even this specific years in advance is most likely about as useful as expecting a game of telephone to end up with a message exactly duplicating the first one.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
The film will apparently be called Interstellar. Steven at spielbergfilms.com scored an interview with Spielberg at the Chicago Film Festival where he was being given an award. Transcript should be up within the next few hours. I'm pretty sure Steven asked some good questions on other stuff as well. :emoji_thumbsup:

Interstellar forum

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Very exciting idea. I think it'll simply remind us of Stargate but be so much more. Kind of like JAWS reminding us of Duel. ;)

This is my #1 most anticipated film.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
everytime i hear the word intersterller, i think of that beastie boys song :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks