3D Spielberg announces 3D Conversion of Jurrassic Park for 20th Anniversary!!!

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
I just received the story on my Facebook newsfeed via Yahoo's film page...it's being released theatrically in 2013, with obviously the blu-ray to follow...reactions, anyone???

Steve Tannehill

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I saw the trailer for this in front of Skyfall. I am excited about seeing this on the big screen again.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Owner
Real Name
Dave Upton
If the conversion is of the same quality as Titanic, at least it will be worth a look. I know Spielberg is notoriously picky (thank goodness!) but some of these conversions turn out poorly no matter what, simply due to the cinematography, fast cuts etc.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Don't think this will work well. Cundey's cinematography wasn't the sharpest to begin with.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm guess that Tintin gave Spielberg some insight on what does and doesn't work for 3-D and he's said that Jurassic Park is the only movie of his that he wants to convert so I think it's fair to give him the benefit of the doubt.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Richard V said:
I'd rather see him convert Jaws.
I'd rather see them skip the conversion all together and just re-release Jaws or Titanic or Star Wars or Toy Story, etc. solely in its regular 2-D version. People loved those movies the first time around so I think they'd still sell tickets without the 3-D conversion and they wouldn't have to spend money on the conversion.

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
TravisR said:
I'd rather see them skip the conversion all together and just re-release Jaws or Titanic or Star Wars or Toy Story, etc. solely in its regular 2-D version. People loved those movies the first time around so I think they'd still sell tickets without the 3-D conversion and they wouldn't have to spend money on the conversion.
Or, better yet, skip the 3D conversions and the re-releases and just concentrate on quality new movies!
Crazy idea, I know.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An Elvis Fan