What's new

Spidey $14.13 at Wal-Mart (1 Viewer)

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
I'd rather pay a few extra bucks than buy anything from Walmart. Maybe they'll offer a CLEAN version in fullscreen only.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they'll offer a CLEAN version in fullscreen only.
I don't know what this means. I got the same widescreen version that everone else is selling. I paid $14.77, the best price in my town, and got free poster. I got very cheerful service - at 3:30ish AM! I was politely asked which version I prefered (Wide or Full) and why...with no judgements made about my choice.

I enjoy shopping where I get no-hassle pricematching. I got a great price, great service, and an extra thing that can go on my son's wall. I'll go back there this weekend to do my normal grocery shopping, and save a bundle off of Kroger's best prices...without the data-collecting via the Kroger Plus card!

Wal-Mart is using their pressure to make sure that they have versions available to satisfy other segments of their customers than the producers want to satisfy. As long as they also offer the version I want at great prices, I have no hassles with them. As for buying "non-clean" lyric CDs, I just buy them elsewhere. No skin offa my nose!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
14.77 at my wal-mart.
but no sign of the box set.
i already got it from amazon for less tthen 33.00 with a coupon so i didnt ask if they had any.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Man, the Walmarts here in California (or at least in the Sacramento area) must be different from Walmarts in the east; I went to the only Walmart in my area that stayed open past midnight just to sell Spidey. That they did; however, the DVD Spideys rang up as $19-something. I had to price-match the Kmart ad in order to get the $14-something price.

And no, they didn't have any box sets out; either they didn't get any in at all or they decided to wait until later that day (it was midnight, you know) to bring them out. Also, they did hand out the small Spidey posters but no comics...however, they did carry both WS and FS (two huge boxes of Spidey--I doubt they'll run out of them anytime soon), so I guess that counts for something.

ollie_k

Stunt Coordinator
just bought mine in chicago area 14.77 and there were tons o widescreens sitting on the display

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There should be plenty to go around, Columbia shipped 26 million copies of this title to US retailers, and 40 million worldwide.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
My local Wal-Mart had it for 14.77, but it's back up to 18.XX today.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Yah. That sucks. I went to walmart today (for food actually) was gonna buy the spidey dvd, but it was $18 something. :frowning:
Who has the best price these days???
Thanks

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
K-Mart has it in their ad (here, anyway) for 14.87. I guess you could try snagging it there, or, especially if you want WS (which you better!), and if they don't have it, you could try price-matching with the ad at CC or BB. YMMV, since some retailers (some BBs?) apparently do not consider K-Mart a 'competitor' and won't price-match them. Worth a shot, though. Who knows, however, what Black Friday will bring? You may get an even better price by waiting a few weeks! Um, or not. Okay, I'm leaving now.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Indeed, K-Mart does continue to show Spiderman for $14.87 in their latest ad circular:

And reports are that Widescreen is being stocked on this one, so go snag it. Or snag the ad and head off somewhere (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, or Circuit City) for a pricematch.
You shouldn't have too much trouble getting it cheap, though.

Eric_P

Grip
Stopped buy Wal-Mart today.. looks like Spidey is now regularly priced at $18.80 :frowning:
I guess I'll have to try and stop by Kmart, and if no widescreen.. pick up their ad and price match at BB.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had a good laugh when I was in CompUSA and noticed that the WS version of Spider-Man was $19.97, but the P/S version was $21.97.

Eric_P

Grip
I was able to pick up the WS DVD at K-mart for $14.87 this evening.. came with some trading cards.. :)
Thanks guys for the heads up of an alternate place :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks