What's new

Spiders - do they creep you out? (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

So you're saying this spider was a whole inch across? (Silver dollars being about the same size as a quarter, it just doesn't seem that intimidating to me even though I hate spiders.) :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Sometimes I'm scared of spiders, other times not. I don't know what it is. I think hairiness and size is a factor, but some I think look cool and leave alone. The truly fugly ones creep me out. Being a Spider-Man fan since the age of five I always felt it silly of me to be afraid of spiders.

When I was a kid I had this plastic spider I got for Halloween that wound up under the fridge. One day my mom was vacuuming and the thing got kind of sucked out. Funny part is we all thought it was real because it was moving from the canister vacuum's exhaust port.

Remember that episode of Gilligan's Island with the giant spider? That thing scared me as a kid.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I've seen wild spiders that are a lot bigger than a quarter here. The things kind of look like miniature tarantulas, hairy and all.

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
Cameron's story reminded me of my "traumatic" bug incident when I was younger...

I was never really "fond" of insects... Especially Spiders, but they didn't cause my bowels to automatically release like they do now...

I was about 14 or 15... It was summer time and my best friend had spent the night over at my house... The night before I was wearing sweat pants (with elastic at the legs) and when I went to bed, I pretty much tossed them on the floor. That morning I got up, pulled on my sweatpants and my buddy and I sat in my room and played video games... He was sitting there playing, and I was lying on my bed watching the game... the whole time my leg kept "tickling"... I would itch it and keep watching the game... finally it got too much, and I pulled on the elastic of the sweatpants to see what was going on... Not sure what I expected to see, but what I saw was certainly a surprise... I looked down at my leg where I saw this good sized BUG crawling on my calf... I had no idea what it was but immediately assumed "SPIDER!!!!" I SCREAMED at the top of my lungs... JUMPED from the bed, went running down the hall, (not sure WHERE I was running TOO) All the while Im trying to pull my pants off and Im swatting at my leg... My friend is looking at me saying "Erik?!?!?! What the hell is wrong!?!?" and laughing at me... Im now at the end of the hall, standing in my underwear (getting the heebie jeebies just thinking about this) and still swatting at the "thing" on my leg... My buddy is now doubled over in laughter, and juice is squirting out his nose...

Turned out to be a cricket... harmless... but it scared the piss out of me...

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale

You forget the end of that sentence. It might jump on me...and eat my face!

I've got the total willies just reading this thread.

I live in a basement suite so there are a lot of Wolf Spiders. We have an understanding though, they don't kill me in my sleep and stay hidden, I leave them alone. If they come out of hiding and get cocky by sitting on walls and running across the living room floor, they're fair game. It's a solid cohabitation.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
They're just the furry little kitties of the invertebrate world, give or take a little venom.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Apparently they have those in Cuba too. One of the recently released detainees at Guantanamo bay wrote about them in his journal.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Aw man. Now why'd you have to go and post that picture? I'm just freaked out now, and I don't even live in Iraq!

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor

Hmmmm... Iraq... Cuba... I see a pattern here...

Maybe they're really CIA controlled robots made to look like spiders, like in that really bad Tom Selleck/ Gene Simmons movie....

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
OK... Im getting really confused... To me it looks like Holadem just posted the same picture that Ron-P posted, which is the same picture I posted back on page 1 of this thread....

Are you guys just screwing with me?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
No, your pic only shows a red-x for me so I did not see it when I ran through this thread. Thus the reason I posted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks