What's new

Spiderman ... the Ride (1 Viewer)

Adam N

Agent
Question time.
If you've ever been to Universal Studios in Orlando, and ridden the Spiderman ride, then you may be able to respond to this:
Does this ride take place in New York, and if it does, are there (or were there) any scenes with the WTC. This question arose when discussing the Spiderman trailer.

JeffDemum

Stunt Coordinator
I've been on the ride and i can honestly say i do not remember seeing them , i was there back in March .

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Never been on Spiderman:The Ride, though I'll say for my money the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland is the best ride I've been on.
------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I was just on this ride this past Sunday and I do believe it takes place in NYC. I guess there was just too much going on for me to focus on what familiar buildings were in the scenery. That was the best ride by far in the Islands of Adventure park.

David Rubenstein

Stunt Coordinator
There is a scene during the ride (which does take place in NYC), where the city is being destroyed. This scene has been removed from the ride (the ride goes dark for a couple of seconds).
I've been on the ride since the change and it was noticable to me.
It's still the best attraction in Orlando.
------------------
David Rubenstein
My Theater: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/...ent/28664.html

Robert Wainwright

Stunt Coordinator
Having been on the Spidey ride about 60-70 times, I can say that the ride is based in NYC. The levitating the Staue of Liberty is a main element in the ride.
I've only been on once since 9/11 and the only change that I saw was in the waiting room right before pick up your 3-D glasses. It used to feature a tape loop on a LARGE screen. This loop showed the group of villans destroying things within the city and generally threatening the city for a ransom. It also showed some good banter between Spidey/JJJ/Peter. The purpose of the the loop was to give you the backstory before the ride (while waiting up to 90 minutes). It was the only thing that I noticed missing.
I did not see any changes on the ride itself. I'll check it out next week.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I must also chime in that I think that the Spiderman Ride at Universal: Islands of Adventure is the finest ride ever made... highly recommended (I would suggest getting a reservation though, lines can easily be two hours).
------------------
Robert Lutter

My DVD Collection
Link Removed Software Reviewer (Coming Soon!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks