SPIDERin my KP53HS10!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Nolan, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Kevin Nolan

Kevin Nolan Stunt Coordinator

I was watching TV last night and saw a small spider about 1/2" (including legs) walk across my screen ...well I think it was on the screen and not the CRTs as it was well focused.
    Of course I was upset my concerns are will more be around soon? And webs inside my unit. Is there a way to kill it without taking the set apart and or getting junk/spray inside my TV?[​IMG]
    Good advice is appreciated!
    Kevin

2. Jim Can

Jim Can Stunt Coordinator

I had a dust web iniside of my RCA that I could see through the screen. I removed the back panel and mirror and vacumed it out. It was so easy to do I could not believe it. I was done in less than half an hour. Good Luck

3. Kevin Nolan

Kevin Nolan Stunt Coordinator

Thank You Jim!...but I think my Sony might be a bit more difficult to get into any other advice from others?
    K

4. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

He'll probably starve in there in pretty short order.

Are you sure you weren't watching an Orkin commercial? They have some great ones that start out as commercials for something like bubble bath, then the silhouette of a bug crawls across the screen...pretty unnerving!

Jan

5. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

I have had the same problem on both my RPTV's, one is a Sony KP-48V80. I just removed the back panel and cleaned it out, while I was in there I cleaned everything but could not find the spider. Good luck.

6. Jim Can

Jim Can Stunt Coordinator

If it has a removable back panel it may be easier than you think!