Spider-Man, what are the chances of the studio re-releasing this as a UE or Superbit?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jerome Grate, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

After LOTR and now FOTR with DTS, I'm just wondering to pick this up now (and I can) or should I wait with high hopes.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Superbit: Very likely

Another SE with new extras? Not likely any time soon

3. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

It's at times like this I like to consult my Magic 8-Ball* and surprisingly it's been accurate in the past:
    Re: Superbit - "All signs point to Yes!"
    Re: 'Ultimate Edition' - "Try Again", "Answer Not Clear - Ask Later" and finally "Yes".
    According to the 8-Ball, the Superbit looks to be certain (I would say in the near future) and the fate of the 'Ultimate Edition with extra special features" I had a little trouble, but eventually got a "Yes" answer. So perhaps it will come in a year or two - in time for the sequel?
    [*] This is by no means scientific.

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    I could see Columbia releasing Spiderman as a regular superbit first then months down the road, releasing it as a superbit deluxe. Of course, there will be no advance warning to potential buyers.

5. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

Superbit is 100% whether or not it will be a Delux superbit who knows. Personally I am not going to wait. I love DTS and all but I can't hold out for this disc. LOTR anyone. *cough cough*

6. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

Yeh, I agree you can be 100% sure you will see a DTS of some sort in the future from Columbia. Probably in the form of a Superbit, maybe even a Deluxe with the extras they have now on the second.

7. Gavin_L

Gavin_L Second Unit

i think they will release another version or two sometime around the next spiderman sequal. Kinda like what they did with men in black, but just hoping that it will be a version with added stuff, not a added trailer or so.

8. Michael Harris

Michael Harris Screenwriter

You pays your money, you takes your chances. At least New Line told us in advance that they were going to release two editions and what they would contain. Guess what, alot of people seemed to be ready to double dip? Wow, imagine what an informed consumer will do - buy more of a product because they were treated with respect.

9. DeanWalsh

DeanWalsh Second Unit

In a poll a while back on the Superbit site they had a list of potential Superbits and asked what we would like to be released. Spiderman was on this (mostly crap) list, and I could see that it would've easily got the most votes considering the competition.

10. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

If you send me $20 I'll buy the current release, which will virtually guarantee a Superbit announcement within 7 days. [​IMG]
    -Dave

11. Scott_MacD

Scott_MacD Supporting Actor

Dave F : I think that this law only strictly applies when you spend your *own* hard earned money. [​IMG]

12. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    [​IMG] C'mon dave, do it.. for all the members of HTF and the HT community eagerly awaiting the Superbit version [​IMG]
    Superbits DO have DTS right? I hope they add more dynamic audio into the rear surrounds, so we can HEAR cars honking from the front to back when spidey's swining through them [​IMG]

13. YANG

YANG Second Unit

CTHV and NEWLINE are playing different games,or should i say practising different marketing policy.

On LOTR's case,NEWLINE let collector's knows earlier that there is a ULTIMATE S.E coming soon while they are still letting consumers to decide whether they want to wait or temporary live with the regular release first.
    CTHV was praised for doing that on the release of BLACK HAWK DOWN.

Few months later,when their biggest summer hits MEN IN BLACK 2,XXX and SPIDERMAN was announced for DVD release,CTHV did not pre-announce anything about any possible S.E or S.B release on these two titles...
    So,most highly possible,CTHV is playing a "IF THE FIRST SELLS GOOD WITH GREAT EARNINGS,RE-RELEASE IT WITH MORE THINGS THAT IS NOT IN THIS FIRST RELEASE!" game.

Look at BVHE,isn't they are now applying it to BAD COMPANY and REIGN OF FIRE?

14. Dave H

Dave H Producer

15. Randy Schissler

Randy Schissler Stunt Coordinator

Maybe they should put a disclaimer on the current version, such as:

"This version of Spiderman is not a high quality product. You may enjoy this version until a higher priced and better encoded version becomes available at a later date."

Are we gullible or what?

--Randy Schissler

16. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

17. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Very well put, Randy.

Clearly, this may happen with Black Hawk Down, as well.

18. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Probably a rental until a Superbit comes out. I haven't seen the movie yet and heard it was pretty good, and I read Ron' review as well as the other reviews, it sounds a little disappointing in reference to rear surrounds, but I hope a DTS version will fix that.