What's new

Spider-Man vs. a Jedi Master (1 Viewer)

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
The pro-Jedi contingent hear seems to be overlooking the fact that Jango Fett, someone with no superhuman powers, was able to kill one Jedi fairly easily and give another a run for his money. If all we had to go on was The Phantom Menace, where they Jedi do seem near-invincible, I'd have to give the fight the the Jedi. However their performance in AOTC shows that they are not that powerful.

Jedi can see the future. Their reflexes and speed seem to be faster then spidey. They can control the very thing that binds the universe together. A jedi apprentice could beat down spidey.
Why couldn't a master Jedi (Obi-Wan) beat down Jango Fett, who has worse agility and reaction time than Spiderman?

Sorry guys, against most Jedi, Spidey is going to win the day.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Okay, I'm convinced that with a few exceptions, Spidey would kick some serious Jedi butt!
Now who would win in a fight between Mary Jane Watson and Padme Amidala?
I don't know and don't care. I just wanna see it! :D
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Why couldn't a master Jedi (Obi-Wan) beat down Jango Fett, who has worse agility and reaction time than Spiderman?
That's because he also had to contend with the Slave 1's guns, not a fair fight. Once it was one on one, Obi-Wan kicked Jango's ass, even without his lightsaber. And Mace Windu totally whooped Jango at the end.

A Jedi would slice Spidey into ribbons.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
That's because he also had to contend with the Slave 1's guns, not a fair fight. Once it was one on one, Obi-Wan kicked Jango's ass, even without his lightsaber. And Mace Windu totally whooped Jango at the end.
Don't forget that Jango's jetpack is broken when Mace decapitates him. Spiderman would not have stood there as the Jedi charged him.

When Obi-Wan first advances on Jango the ship isn't firing at him. He has an opportunity to take him down right here and now. All of his force powers are at his disposal, but in the end Jango's speed and maneuverability allow to to escape, hide, and launch a missle at Kenobi. Now you're telling me that Spiderman, with his superior speed and agility, is going to get sliced to ribbons in this situation?

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Spidey is a puss compared to a Jedi. Spidey winds up dead in this battle, and quite easily at the hands of Vader, Mace, Dooku, and of course, master Yoda. Spidey shoots his webs, Jedi just force throw it aside, or they use they lightsaber to burn it up.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
Spidey is a puss compared to a Jedi. Spidey winds up dead in this battle, and quite easily at the hands of Vader, Mace, Dooku, and of course, master Yoda. Spidey shoots his webs, Jedi just force throw it aside, or they use they lightsaber to burn it up.
Why didn't Obi-Wan do that when Jango Fett shot his cable at him? Or Luke, when Boba Fett did the same?

But I think you're right in saying that it depends on the Jedi. The ones that can shoot lightning could beat Spiderman because there's really no defense against that. But the ones whose only strategy is to get close and chop Spidey's head off--that's not going to work.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
No, but chopping their heads off isn't the only way to kill him. Vader could just choke him to death. Or they could just force throw him. As far as I know, the only jedi that can throw electricity are Dooku and the Emperor.
Imagine Spidey swinging in for the kill, and the jedi steps out of the way and just cuts him in hlaf. Or imagine that same scenario, and the jedi force throws him against the wall.
Spidey's not a puss, but I can't see him beating a jedi. He can't move very quickly, but sooner or later he has to get close for the kill. That's when he meets his doom.:)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Spidey's not a puss, but I can't see him beating a jedi. He can't move very quickly, but sooner or later he has to get close for the kill. That's when he meets his doom.
That's why Obi-Wan couln't get to Jango, because his lasers are lethal from long range, and had to defend against them. Spidey's webshooters are long range, but non lethal weapons. Once he gets in close range, he's toast.

Ryan T

Second Unit
A Jedi would be able to just choke spiderman. Ben, the reason you don't see obi-wan just choking jango fett in the movie is because that would not make for a very interesting movie. If the jedi just look at the person and they die wheres the action and adventure in that?

Ryan

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
And also, Obi-Wan was ordered by the Jedi council to bring Jango ALIVE for questioning, which is why the fight lasted awhile. There was no such restriction with Mace, and made micemeat out of Jango.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks