What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: Spider-Man: No Way Home (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
90eccdc8-6bbf-4ad8-993a-1ef0d4687be0.png
0bdf26ed-f842-6031-ccaa-56acb3bfb523.png
THE RECORD-SHATTERING PHENOMENON COMES HOME WITH A GLOBAL HOME ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCH IN OVER 45 MARKETS

TOM HOLLAND, ZENDAYA, BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH
STAR IN THE WORLDWIDE BOX OFFICE HIT

SWINGING TO DIGITAL MARCH 22

AND ON 4K ULTRA HD™, BLU-RAY™ AND DVD APRIL 12

DISCOVER OVER 80 MINUTES OF AMAZING EXTRAS INCLUDING BLOOPERS, BEHIND-THE-SCENES MOMENTS WITH YOUR FAVORITE HEROES AND VILLAINS, AND MORE IMMERSIVE FEATURETTES.
PLUS UNCOVER EVERY INCREDIBLE EASTER EGG!

(PLEASE NOTE: RELEASE DATES MAY VARY BY TERRITORY)
ceef295a-0f51-cc94-58fa-3fddfc6cfffd.jpg
Spider-Man: No Way Home - Sizzle Reel

SYNOPSIS
For the first time in the cinematic history of Spider-Man, our friendly neighborhood hero's identity is revealed, bringing his Super Hero responsibilities into conflict with his normal life and putting those he cares about most at risk. When he enlists Doctor Strange’s help to restore his secret, the spell tears a hole in their world, releasing the most powerful villains who’ve ever fought a Spider-Man in any universe. Now, Peter will have to overcome his greatest challenge yet, which will not only forever alter his own future but the future of the Multiverse.
BONUS MATERIALS

4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY™, AND DIGITAL
  • Bloopers & Gag Reel
  • Alternate Reality Easter Eggs
  • 7 Behind the Scenes Featurettes
    • Action Choreography Across the Multiverse
    • A Multiverse of Miscreants
    • A Spectacular Spider-Journey with Tom Holland
    • Enter Strange
    • Graduation Day
    • Realities Collide, Spiders Unite
    • Weaving Jon Watt's Web
  • 2 Special Panels:
    • The Sinister Summit - Villains Panel: Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina, and Jamie Foxx sit down for a roundtable discussion of their sinister characters.
    • A Meeting of the Spiders - Heroes Panel: The Heroic Spider heroes sit down for a roundtable discussion on Peter, Stunts, and skintight suits.
  • 3 Stories From The Daily Bugle
    • Spider-Menace Strikes Again
    • Spider Sycophant
    • Web of Lies
  • 2 Stunt Scenes Previsualization
    • Apartment Fight
    • Shield Fight
DVD
  • 2 Behind the Scenes Featurettes
    • A Spectacular Spider-Journey with Tom Holland
    • Graduation Day
Photo by: Matt Kennedy
CAST AND CREW
Directed By: Jon Watts
Written By: Chris McKenna & Erik Sommers
Produced By: Kevin Feige, Amy Pascal
Executive Producers: Louis D'Esposito, Victoria Alonso, JoAnn Perritano, Rachel O’Connor, Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach
Cast: Tom Holland, Zendaya, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jacob Batalon, Jon Favreau, with Marisa Tomei

SPECS
Runtime:
Approx. 148 minutes
Rating: PG-13: Sequences of action/violence, some language and brief suggestive comments
4K UHD: Feature: 2160p Ultra High Definition / 2.39:1 • English Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible), French (Doublé au Québec), Spanish, English & French (Doublé au Québec) - Audio Description Tracks 5.1 Dolby Digital
Blu-ray™: Feature: 1080p High Definition / 2.39:1 • Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD MA, French (Doublé au Québec), Spanish, English & French (Doublé au Québec) - Audio Description Tracks 5.1 Dolby Digital
DVD: Feature: 2.39:1 Anamorphic Widescreen • Audio: English, French (Doublé au Québec), Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English & French (Doublé au Québec) - Audio Description Tracks Dolby Surround

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Original post updated with official press release from Sony

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Strange that there are no deleted scenes. That’s been a staple of just about every Marvel movie.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It looks like Sony has officially killed off 3D BD, and that is a shame. Oh well, I hope the 4K is decent.
Still a chance it may show up with Random Space Media (an Australian company, but they are usually also available through Amazon US).

They've issued a few of the Sony 3D titles that haven't been available elsewhere such as Jumanji: The Next Level and most recently Hotel Transylvania 3. They also re-released 3D versions of Venom (previously Germany only) and the recent Spider-Man titles (the two prior Holland films and Spider-Verse).

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Sony itself hasn’t issued a 3D disc in any territory since 2019’s Far From Home, but they began pulling support for the format in 2017. There are a number of Sony titles issued theatrically in 3D (including films specifically promoted as being meant to be seen in 3D, like “Alpha”) that are unavailable for home 3D viewing anywhere in the world.

Unfortunately this isn’t news or new policy.

Random Space out of Australia has released some 3D discs of Sony titles but these generally have come long after the original home video window. They may or may not have access to No Way Home but if they do I would not expect it to come out in the same window as the worldwide 2D physical media release.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Strange that there are no deleted scenes. That’s been a staple of just about every Marvel movie.
You're right. But I wonder how many deleted scenes actually exist. I'm sure they have something, since almost every movie has something. But this movie is a long one with a lot of characters (and therefore also actors schedules) to keep track of. And it was shot during the pandemic, which I'm sure made things even more challenging.

Maybe they didn't shoot a whole lot of stuff that they didn't use?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon had this art showing for the Blu-ray since pre-orders went up in December.

No Way Home.jpg

Now, they're showing this one, below. The trailer Sony put up for the Blu-ray shows this one, so it appears to be the final artwork.

No Way Home final.jpg

But I actually like the first one, which seems to reflect the movie better. I understand that they want Doctor Strange on the cover because he is an on loan MCU character, but the artwork above with the hints of the different villains is much more representative of the whole movie.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I have been checking to preorder the Best Buy steelbook since January and at this point, I have to assume they decided to put out an amount absolutely dwarfed by the demand. I’d never had a problem getting one as long as I started reasonably early, until now.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I have been checking to preorder the Best Buy steelbook since January
I don't want to rub salt on your wound, but January was too late. I'm pretty sure it went up for pre-order in December when the movie came out. I know Amazon put up the regular edition for pre-order as soon as the movie came out. For the steelbooks, you've literally got to check every day from when the movie comes out if you want to be sure to get one.

I know it was available for a while, although I opted not to get it because I have all the other MCU films in keepcases.

You might still be able to grab one if you are lucky and if you get online the night before the release. I spent much of the night of January 10 refreshing Best Buy's website, and I saw the Dune steelbook get restocked very late. It might even have been the morning of January 11 in some time zones. I grabbed it as fast as I could and my order snuck through shortly before it was sold out again. If I had been willing to go to sleep at a reasonable hour on January 10, I would not have gotten that at all. I literally stayed up refreshing the page every few minutes until it popped up as available.

I hope you get one.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm kind of surprised that they didn't do a cover with the three Spider-Men appearing together. I understand why they didn't want to do this for the theatrical release to preserve the surprise, but now everyone knows what the movie is. So I don't think it would be a big deal to feature them on the cover.

As it is, I think the best artwork is the temporary one which I posted above that it appears they're not using at all.

the Target exclusive is nothing to write home about this time.
I can't speak to what Sony is doing, and this is a Sony title. But the recent Target exclusives from Disney have just had a fancy slipcover over the standard UHD keepcase packaging. So even customers who go for the Target edition might not get different artwork on the case itself.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Wal-Mart has their own edition with exclusive artwork.

I think this is the best artwork of any edition I've seen yet (other than the one I posted above that apparently isn't being used.) But before I think about ordering it, I would want to know if this is actual artwork on the case itself or if it is just a variant slipcover. If it is a slipcover, I wouldn't be interested. But if it is actual case artwork, I might jump on this one.

Here is the link if anyone wants to buy this one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Spider-Man-No-Way-Home-4K-UHD-Walmart-Exclusive-Artwork/978512881

Spider-Man No Way Home Wal-Mart artwork.jpg

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up! Definitely the least bad option so far, and no markup over the regular edition. I went ahead and preordered it. Even if it's only a slipcover, I'm no worse off than I'd be with the standard release.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
no markup over the regular edition.

After posting this, I saw that Wal-Mart is selling the general release 4K for $27.96. Here is that link.

www.walmart.com/ip/Spider-Man-No-Way-Home-UHD-BD-Combo-Digital-Std-Ws/955335889

The exclusive is $29.96 as of this moment. So actually it is a $2 markup after all if you're going to get the 4K anyway. I'm not sure if Wal-Mart increased the price after you placed your order or if it was always like that and neither of us noticed.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The exclusive is $29.96 as of this moment. So actually it is a $2 markup after all if you're going to get the 4K anyway. I'm not sure if Wal-Mart increased the price after you placed your order or if it was always like that and neither of us noticed.
Walmart lowered the price of its exclusive version to $27.96 as well:
Spider-Man: No Way Home 4K UHD Walmart Exclusive Artwork

I got notice of a refund for the difference in my email earlier today.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
No Way Home has already been released in the UK. If anyone is interested in seeing what the entire steelbook looks like, there are unboxing videos on YouTube from people who got that edition from Zavvi. Best Buy's website currently only shows the front. I thought this might be to protect the reveal of the other Spider-Men on the back or in the interior, but that is not the case. Doctor Strange is on the back, and there isn't much of anything other than a generic pattern in the interior of the steelbook art.

I still haven't seen anything for sure about the Wal-Mart artwork being on the case or just a slipcover. As such, I'm just going to stick with my regular edition pre-order from Amazon.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just saw a YouTube video from someone who got the Wal-Mart exclusive in the mail early. They do confirm that the Wal-Mart alternate artwork is only a slipcover. The regular 4K release with the normal artwork posted at the top of this thread is below the slipcover.

Because I am not 4K equipped right now, the alternate artwork was the only reason I would have considered the Wal-Mart edition. If you need the 4K edition anyway, there's no price difference. But since I can only use the Blu-ray, I'm glad I didn't pay extra just for a slipcover.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
No Way Home has already been released in the UK. If anyone is interested in seeing what the entire steelbook looks like, there are unboxing videos on YouTube from people who got that edition from Zavvi.

My steelbook copy came early (super early, actually--last Tuesday!). If anyone wants photos let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks