What's new

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018) (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Senior HTF Member
It appears to me that someone put those out as joke because, if you ignore the text, the image on the card is more in line with them losing than winning. Whoever picked that image for a "winning" card must have been having a bad day.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It was on the big display and right next to it was the exact same sign with “nominee” instead of winner.

So whoever put the sign out doesn't follow the Oscars and should have looked it up to see which one they should display.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I really liked this when I saw it theatrically, but I only got to see it the one time.

Just watched it for the second time at home and I think this may be THE best Spider-Man movie out of everything that has come before. It’s really pretty perfect. What a fantastic movie!

And boy is it beautiful.

Jonathan Perregaux

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
...I think this may be THE best Spider-Man movie out of everything that has come before. It’s really pretty perfect. What a fantastic movie!

And boy is it beautiful.

I watched this on 4K Blu-Ray last night for the first time and that was my exact reaction. (Well, other than going “Awwww...” when there was no DolbyVision, but I recovered.)

It has adventure, heart, originality, humor, spectacular visuals, and near-Deadpool levels of self-awareness that I found, in total, wholly entertaining. And who would ever guess that Spider-Gwen would ever hit the silver screen?!

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Here is an alternate view! This was a blind buy for me, but after reading about how good it was I decided to buy it. I had to order this from Germany to get the 3D version.

I watched it, and although I did not think “it was the best animated movie ever made”, I thought it was enjoyable and cute.

After bugging my wife, she finally agreed to watch it with me.
She absolutely loathed it! With about 40 minutes left, she asked me to shut it off. She said she knew I liked it, so put up with it as long as she could. To her it was too loud, to jerky, much too frenetic, and it was impossible for her to understand why it was critically acclaimed!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
to jerky, much too frenetic, and it was impossible for her to understand why it was critically acclaimed!

What if you tried to show her some of it in 2D? (I assume the 3D Blu also includes a 2D disc.) I know it's not your preferred format, but perhaps it would seem less frenetic and jerky if it's flat?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
After bugging my wife, she finally agreed to watch it with me.
She absolutely loathed it! With about 40 minutes left, she asked me to shut it off. She said she knew I liked it, so put up with it as long as she could. To her it was too loud, to jerky, much too frenetic, and it was impossible for her to understand why it was critically acclaimed!

Well, she is a smart lady. Critically acclaimed, it certainly was. It just so happens that all the critics had a hankering to fall in love with a really bad movie for a change.

Sorry, I just really despised this movie. I'm out.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, she is a smart lady. Critically acclaimed, it certainly was. It just so happens that all the critics had a hankering to fall in love with a really bad movie for a change.
Nothing like rationalization to justify your personal dislike for a film.;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I didn't find it to be anything special, but I didn't really dislike it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laptiva
Recent bookmarks