What's new

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018) (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I've said this many times, and I'm sure this is true of other members as well...

Sometimes on HTF because I'm at home and relaxing and I can devote as much time as I want to clicking on every link and following every detail of every thread, where it wouldn't matter if the link started playing a loud video or displaying some other content that might not be appropriate for all audiences. But sometimes I'm reading HTF in a public place, on the train to work, on my lunch break, etc., and in those environments, I have to be careful about what I'm clicking on. When a poster takes a moment to offer a brief sentence about the link they're sharing, I can make an informed decision about whether to click on it, or if it's something I can't click on, I can at least have enough context for what the link is about to be able to continue reading the discussion. When a link is thrown up without any context, it forces me to bow out of the conversation more often than not.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
From the film's associate editor, Andy Leviton:
Spider-Man_IntoTheSpiderVerse_006.jpg

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Apparently Disney and Best Buy disagree

That's certainly interesting. Is that something you actually saw in a store you went to, or did you find the photo online somewhere? There was not an equivilant sign at the Best Buy that I went to last night.

How long ago would that sign have to have been printed up and sent to the store in order to be put out for Tuesday's release? I'm guessing Disney printed it in case they won, and then somebody hung it by mistake. But if they printed up a bunch of those, it would have been a waste of money, since I don't think anybody ever seriously expected Ralph Breaks the Internet to win. If it hadn't been Spider-Verse, it would have been Incredibles 2. So why would Disney spend the money to do that? Weird.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I took the picture at my local Best Buy.

It was on the big display and right next to it was the exact same sign with “nominee” instead of winner.

I saw a similar picture of the Ralph display on Twitter, so it was not just your store that made the error.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I would have taken down the sign, if I'd seen one.

I "help out" local stores with erroneous signs all the time, taking down expired sale tags at the supermarket and such. Yesterday, I reorganized several video titles at Target that were stocked in the wrong slots based on the shelf tags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks