What's new

Spider-man & His Amazing Friends (1 Viewer)

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator
Amazon is usually a good bit slower at updating their information. Eventually they'll let you know it was cancelled. Can't hurt to wait and hear from them though.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Jon, I spoke too soon .Just got an e mail that they cancelled my order for the 1982 hulk cartoon!!!!!! Its so saddening that we were extremely close to getting this on dvd finally, and only a week before release it gets cancelled.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
It looks like a diffrent studio in the UK has got the rights now for the Marvel cartoons on dvd !!!!!! On Amazon uk, Im seeing release dates for November 24th for Incredible Hulk 1982, and Spiderman and his amazing friends season 2-3 , plus the complete series.I hope this is real !!!!!

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

Someone at the Toonzone boards contacted Revelation Films and was told that they are releasing the Marvel Cartoons. No other information was available.

I wouldn't put too much faith in those release dates, Tony....but at least we know they will be coming out eventually!

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
It is not unusual for Amazon, as probably the largest and certainly the most well known, online store to be given advance information over the smaller stores.

Ironically, Amazon are very slow to update when things get deleted (as recently, they were one of the last to show the Marvel titles as not being released after Liberation were sold), but they are quite often the first site to carry release dates, cover art, etc.

The downside is that such information is sometimes more rumour than fact, as proves to be incorrect.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Less than a week, to find out if the november 24 date is real, that play.com lists for hulk 1982, spiderman annd his amazing friends season 2-3.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
It's changed on Amazon from Revelation to Lace International....

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Yes, but amazon uk , still dont have it for preorder, only play.com.Somehow, I think they wont come out on this tuesday.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Incredible Hulk 1982 complete series is now available at amazon uk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive placed my order, its scheduled to ship sometime tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should have it in about a week.Im thrilled its finally out.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
It looks as though the deal with Revelation has fallen through: I got this email from a contact today:

I have just received the following update with regards to the Revelation Films/Marvel situation.

Revelation Films will only be distributing the Marvel titles on a temporary basis until a permanent UK partner is found. Unfortunately, at this time we have no further information and all future enquiries should be directed to Jetix.

Many thanks for your patience.

I assume this to mean, that Revelation will simply be distributing the stock of already released titles, but nothing further.

I guess it's a casualty of the global financial situation, but its a damn shame - six months more and Liberation would have done most of it.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

That's what I assume too. Which means that this is a limited stock. You'd better buy any existing titles you want PRONTO!

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
..and it looks as though a company called Clear Vision has picked up some of the range. They are listing

Re-issues of X-Men Seasons One and Two plus a forthcoming Season Three
Silver Surfer
Re-issues of Spider-Man (1990's) Seasons One and Two
Spider Woman
Fantastic Four (1990's) Seasons One and Two

Clear Vision Videos

Kudos to them for retaining the same package design, so that people who already had say X-Men won;t have to buy new copies of the early volumes

Looks as though they havn't picked up titles which saw a release by Liberation (such as Amazing Friends) unless it had only got started and then dried up (like X-Men)

No sign of any of the Hulk titles though

supes78

Agent
Real Name
Seby
I'm hopeful that since the 90s X-Men releases by Disney were so successful in the U.S. that we might get region 1 DVD sets of Spider-man 90s, as well. Still no word on a complete 90s Hulk DVD set though, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks