What's new

Spider-man & His Amazing Friends (1 Viewer)

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator
Hi everyone,
At SPIDER-FRIENDS.COM, I've posted a DVD "want list" that I hope Buena Vista will pay attention to. Included in that is a proposal for a comic that would explain how the Spider Friends decide to go their separate ways. Check out the site and let me know what you think. I'd love to hear your feedback on all of it.

Thanks!

CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD "WANT LIST"

Scott Ruhl

Agent
Word, I agree with everything you say on the site, and have always been a fan of your site btw. I hope IF and WHEN this gets released on dvd it gets the treatment it desearves.

~KGF

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
This was one of my favorite Superhero shows growing up and I hope it eventually sees a DVD release.

Has there been any word on Buena Vista releasing any animated TV shows at all since Gargoyles came out?

Paul

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
This should be the next Marvel boxset. Hey, could you add the live action bit for the Yummy Awards to the requested special features? I think that is what it was called. I wouldn't mind an interview with the creators about why Iceman and Firestar. I love them there, I just want to know the motivations and how they designed Firestar. Also Pryde of the X-Men would be a good bonus as the X-Men there are spunned off of it. I remember reading somewhere that they were going to expand this further and make a Marvel Super-Friends with this Spider-man, the Storm and Wolverine from the X-Men presented here, Captain America and the Hulk. Do you know if that is true? I think it was in an old Comics Scene. If anything was done from that, even design sketches plus design sketches for this series would be good features too.

Scott Ruhl

Agent
Yeah I like the idea about including "Pryde of the X-men" since it was only one episode and fits seamless into the cartoon world created for "Amazing Friends." How many episodes of The Hulk were created? Maybe a boxset with all that and the Stand alone 80's Spidey. It's funny because you always hear about people referring to the 60's cartoon as being their favorite or the 90's version, but all my love goes to the 80's incarnation as seeming the most definitive to me. The style was more fun and light-hearted and had a more comic-booky vibe t'me. I hope we hear word of a release eventually and this doesn't get swept under the rug like the Adam West Batman series for being too goofy. The episode 'Seven Little Super-heroes' is everything I loved about Saturday mornings.

~Peace
Kang G. Fren

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
I met Kathy Garver (the voice of Firestar) last weekend and she had no news of DVDs :frowning:

De

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
This has been one collection which I have been waiting for. It's seems like forever. I don't see what the big hold-up is. They released the '67 collection, I would think that it sold well enough to justify this release. That added to the fact that so many have signed the petition, including myself.
What exactly are the decision makers at Disney on??:confused:

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'd buy this show in season sets in a heartbeat. It was my favorite cartoon growing up in the 80s, with SuperFriends a close second.

7 Little Superheroes was my favorite ep, followed closely by Save the Guardstar.

Jon F. that website rocks! I love how the design is thought-out and well integrated with the subject. Kudos! :emoji_thumbsup:

BrandonJF

Second Unit
That website was very cool.

I find that this show is one of the few 80s relics that holds up well for me. I've been recording them off of Toon Disney and I'm still finding them to be very good.

I just wish they'd air "The Transylvanian Connection" again. I'm getting my first "repeat" this weekend since I started recording them.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

Marvel was trying really hard to get a Secret Wars cartoon on TV in the 80s. That may have been one of their attempts. I'd love to see that issue of Comics Scene if you could find it.

To everybody:
Thanks for the kind words about the website!

Ruslan

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, superb article and site, Jon!

I would love these on DVD, one of my fave cartoons of the 80s alond with Dungeons & Dragons (all episodes available in the UK!) and Battle of the Planets. It would be great to watch them all over again, and in order.

And is it just me or was Firestar kinda sexy?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese

Very.

Add Rock 1 from The Bionic Six and Cheetara from Thunder Cats to make for one very 'happy' childhood.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator
A UK company now has the rights to SPIDER-MAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS as well as other Marvel cartoons. Here's the press release:

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I just got an e mail from a certain uk online retailer, that my copy of spiderman and his amazing friends season 1 dvd, will ship out tomorrow to me !!!!!!!!I will give impressions on picture quality, when I receive it around October 3-6 .Thats when they estimate ill receive it.

David Levine

Supporting Actor
They're putting out the complete series in October as well:

October Releases:

Spider-man & His Amazing Friends Complete Series 10/27

November Releases:

Incredible Hulk (80’s) Complete Series 11/03
Incredible Hulk (90’s) Complete Series 11/17
X-Men Season 1 & 2 11/17

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Yes, they are putting out the complete series in 1 month, but was anxious to have season 1 now.Looking forward to the 8os hulk in November as well !!!

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
It's too bad that Marvel has essentially harassed Disney to the point where they won't release this stuff. Disney owns it but every time they release it they get dragged to court by Marvel.

This is also why those "Tick" episodes are missing from their releases. They have Marvel parodies in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks