What's new

Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) (1 Viewer)

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Sam Raimi had earned a lot of "benefit of the doubt" after the first two Spider-Man films, as well.

Then we got Spider-Man 3.
I can’t remember much behind-the-scenes stuff with Spider-man 3, but did Raimi have creative freedom with it?

Personally I feel 3 wasn’t THAT far from being really great. Peter was WAY too “emo” during the black-spidey-suit parts of the movie. And Topher Grace was horrible in his role. Everything else made it a great Spider-Man film, IMO.

I don’t know what to think of Maguire and/or Garfield coming back. It would have to be something super brilliant, but from the base idea sounds kind of desperate. And before you tell me to give Feige the benefit of the doubt, all I can say is there have been plenty of MCU films that did nothing for me.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
From what I remember Raimi had all that Venom stuff forced on him which is crazy after the success of the first two movies.

As for these guys coming intothe movie as previous Spider-Men and/or Peter Parkers.
I love it.

Give me all the Spider-Men.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Give me all the Spider-Men.

1602634352534.png

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I’m confident that MARVEL and Sony plan on doing a big, Spider-Verse event movie. I’m almost as confident that that movie won’t be Spider-Man 3. Though it is quite possible that they will seed something of it in S3.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I’m confident that MARVEL and Sony plan on doing a big, Spider-Verse event movie.

That depends on whether the two companies continue to play nice after this deal. Remember, their current contract calls for Holland's third film and one other MCU appearance.

That being said, if that doesn't work out, Sony could easily take Holland into a pocket of the multiverse where Spider-Man is the only superhero and he meets the other iterations of that character. I hope this is not the case. But it does give them an opening for a nicer out if they decide not to continue sharing the character in a way that the cliffhanger ending of Far From Home does not.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That depends on whether the two companies continue to play nice after this deal. Remember, their current contract calls for Holland's third film and one other MCU appearance.

That being said, if that doesn't work out, Sony could easily take Holland into a pocket of the multiverse where Spider-Man is the only superhero and he meets the other iterations of that character. I hope this is not the case. But it does give them an opening for a nicer out if they decide not to continue sharing the character in a way that the cliffhanger ending of Far From Home does not.
I would guess that the whole reason they're going down this road with Spidey is to build in an exit ramp in case things break down between Marvel and Sony again in the future.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

I have no doubt that they both want to work together for a long time and have big plans for Spidey in the MCU. And I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised that their plans for future collaborations are already in motion.

You’ll be seeing more evidence of the blending of Sony’s stuff with Marvel (like Michael Keaton in Morbius) as time goes on.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I thought this tweet could indicate some viewers' level of surprise and/or excitement.

I don't mind the idea of multiple Spider-men, given the Multiverse idea. Using Maguire and Garfield may feel a bit too gimmicky, especially if they're playing the same characters as in their series. Playing a different version would work better.

I must say, though, when Elfman's music starts in the tweeted video, thinking about the scene as described...it could be a cheer-worthy scene if kept secret...

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Sony has apparently said something rather vague regarding Maguire and Garfield, to the effect that their participation hasn't been confirmed. Which suggests that they're nailing down the contracts.

Given that there are also rumors that Benedict Cumberbatch will be appearing in the new Spider-Man film, there seems to be speculation floating around that the Maguire & Garfield appearances (if those rumors turn out to be true), along with Jamie Foxx coming back as Electro, and J.K. Simmons reprising JJJ at the end of Far from Home (and presumably being in the next one) are suggesting that the "Multiverse" is being introduced -- or teased, since we don't know the extent of these appearances -- ahead of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which at the moment is pencilled in for release just a few months after SM3 (2021 12 17 for SM3; 2022 03 25 for DSitMoM).

Of course, the Multiverse was teased in Far from Home, but that turned out to be a hoax.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Tom just finished Uncharted and is now in Atlanta for ”Serenity Now”

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Zendaya Skyped into Jimmy Kimmel's show the other night to promote the new "Eurphora" Christmas special, and confirmed that she is in currently in Atlanta filming the third MCU Spider-Man movie.

When Kimmel tried to get her to address the rumors about Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield participating, she wouldn't say one way or the other.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
When Kimmel tried to get her to address the rumors about Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield participating, she wouldn't say one way or the other.

Of course not. She was never going to be allowed to say anything. She knows how these things work.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Initially, I was very confident that a “Spider-Verse” movie was a certainty but that Spider-Man 3 would be its own thing and just tee things up for the Spider-Verse event follow-up. Now I’m still just as certain that they will be doing Spider-Verse but I’m not as sure that it will be a separate thing. It makes sense as a way to debunk Peter’s outing as Spidey, but it still feels like these should be separate films.

However, one could have said a similar thing about Captain America 3 and Civil War. One would have thought that Cap 3 would have been a story about Cap searching for Bucky and Civil War would be a separate event movie. But they managed to combine both successfully In Cap 3. Sure some will call it “Avengers 2.5”, but it was still very much a Captain America movie.

So I’d still lean towards Spidey 3 being its own thing dealing with Pete’s outing and Spider-Verse being a separate follow-up, but I‘m now thinking that it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they combine both. Based on various rumors/scoops and interview responses (like the most recent one with Zedanya) I think it’s highly likely that there will be some degree of Spider-Verse in Spidey 3. So the only question is will that be the big event, or will it just be dipping their toes in it and then diving in fully in a separate movie.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I wasn't expecting her to confirm the rumors, but the fact that she didn't deny them is interesting.

Yeah, the “scoop” (which I generally tend not to post about here) is that Garfield and Maguire have signed for Spidey 3.

There are also the “scoops”/ rumors that at least Maguire (but I think Garfield as well) will be in Doctor Strange in The Multiverse of Madness. Certainly possible that the specifics of these rumors are blurred between which film they belong to, but I feel like it would make sense, if Feige and Sony are thinking big, if they wade into this and introduce the concept in Spidey 3, then further build in Multiverse of Madness, and finally blow it up in a Spider-Verse film where they can justifiably focus a bit more on Tobey’s Spidey and give him his big exit while introducing Miles Morales from the Rami-Verse and also giving some closure to Garfield’s Amazing Spider-Man. They definitely can’t do all of that in Spider-Man 3 (I wouldn’t think), but they can cover all of this if they go this route.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks