What's new

Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 2, 2019) [ENDGAME SPOILERS ALLOWED!] (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Since Nick Fury is appearing in Far From Home, presumably Avengers will have to un-kill him, so presumably we'll see him come back to life.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Well, it's shooting right now, so we'll have to find out fairly soon if anyone else is there.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
My guess is that Doctor Strange will make an appearance. He's primarily based in New York City and is the next logical choice to mentor Peter Parker as an Avenger.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I agree with your rationale, especially because they interacted in Infinity War, but it would be highly unlikely for Sony not to announce that, because they would want to use him in the marketing, as they did Tony in the first film.

Also, remember that the movie takes place at least partially in London, so it won't be tied to New York.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Which might make Strange an interesting choice.
Possibly, or it might come off as a tired old cliche from buddy cop films where the arrogant lone wolf is paired with the young brash newcomer whether he wants a partner or not.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sort of like Tony Stark? ;)
Exactly. So it would also have a been-there, done-that vibe. :P

Though it might be an interesting angle to get Doctor Strange and Iron Man arguing about the proper way to go about Peter's upbringing, only to be snapped back to reality by Aunt May.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I keep hoping there won't be.
I would definitely prefer for the movie to just focus on Spidey and his cast of supporting characters, too. But Sony's going to want to get their money's worth out of their deal with Marvel, and that means some marquee names they can splash across the advertising.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I agree that Spidey doesn’t need another big Marvel hero in his movie. He’s clearly in the universe now. No need to keep shouting to the audience, “He’s in the MCU! He’s in the MCU!” But I understand that Sony “wants” this and that it was reportedly part of the agreement between Marvel and Sony.

I think Fury and Hill could be a good natural fit, especially if the story has somewhat of an “international espionage” vibe to it. Another big Marvel hero would be fine, I just don’t think Spidey “needs” that. But why would the choice of hero appearance have to be determined by who would be a good mentor? Why would this character have to be in that role at all? Couldn’t they just be two heroes crossing paths and interacting with each other because of the circumstances of the story? I agree that Strange would be a cool choice for a small supporting role.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Though it might be an interesting angle to get Doctor Strange and Iron Man arguing about the proper way to go about Peter's upbringing, only to be snapped back to reality by Aunt May.

That would require Robert Downy Jr.'s presence, and he is not appearing this time.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Angourie Rice back as Betty Brant:
Spider-Man_FarFromHome_061.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks