What's new

Spider-Man DVD Details Revealed! (1 Viewer)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
We only got Spider-Man theatrically yesterday, I've seen it twice - and being a HUGE fan of comics, in particular Spider-Man it was everything I could have hoped for. I loved it. Count me in for the DVD.

How many sequels is Tobey contractually obliged to make? Seeing him as the live action Peter Parker its hard to imagine someone else doing it as well as he does.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Nick - I believe he signed up for 2 more. I also agree with your comments on his performance as Peter Parker.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I am quite glad they early signed Tobey. Right now, he is irreplaceable for the films (well, he and Sam), and his agent could be asking quite a bit if he wasn't. That said, he is getting a big raise for #2 ($4M to $10M is what I heard), and I am certain Sony is ensuring his happiness with a bit of the back end. Which is GOOD for the fans, and we'll hopefully get a worthy Spidey 2, and one great DVD set:D
Take care,
Chuck

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
straight from http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/mainFramed.html
Tobey Maguire's screen test (supposedly including one where he bust open his $100, 000 costume)
Deleted scenes (including Stan Lee's full cameo where he attempts to sell Maguire the same brand sunglasses Cyclops wore in X-Men) Rumor also has it the original teaser trailer is being considered for the DVD.
sounds great

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Stan Lee's cameo extends to him saving a little girl. In the movie you see him look to the skies, then turn to grab her, but in reality he could not lift her and carry her out of shot like he wanted to.

Dan

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...002/06_25.html
Spidey?
So, are you one of the gazillion people who saw Spider-Man and just can't wait for the DVD? Well, it's probably not much of a surprise ("What!? You mean Spider-Man is going to come out on video this fall!?") but at last week's big Licensing International exhibition (yes, they really have a convention for licensing) representatives on hand from Sony Pictures and Marvel discussed at length the film's current marketing tie-ins. But the big news according to numerous trades is that these promotions will extend to the DVD and VHS releases of the film reportedly due on 11/12. It's going to be a two-disc set (gee, another big surprise) and with the film finally starting to die down in theaters, can an official announcement be anything less than imminent? Stay tuned...
:D

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
Any else think that theyre gonna also release a Superbit or Superbit Deluxe editionm of this. I will be getting this one, the commentaries are just tempting!!

l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
Thats my question? Can any of the reviewers people that have contact with Columbia find out about a Superbit Deluxe? We deserve to know. It would suck if we all bought this in November only to find out that a Superbit Deluxe was coming out a couple of months later.

Craig W

Second Unit
If its a two disc set to begin with then they should just do the Superbit Deluxe treatment right out of the gate. If not I can live without Spidey. I thought it was good but I enjoyed X-Men more out of the movies set in the Marvel Universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks