What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Spider-Man DVD Details Revealed! (1 Viewer)

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I'm sorry, but if it doesn't have the original trailer with the Twin Towers, I ain't buying. That is a deal-breaker for me.
Usually when I see someone talking about the lack of DTS or lack of anamorphic enhancement being a dealbreaker, I shrug and move on. But I really have to ask why you would pass up a seemingly great disc for a movie that was quite good because of the lack of that trailer? I'm sure that there are some people in the DVD-buying community who really don't want to see that trailer (ie: family/friends of people killed on Sept. 11th). True, it would make the set feel more "complete," and I'm not for revisionist filmmaking (ie: removing the Twin Towers from Zoolander, etc.), but there should be some sensitivity. I'm not trying to start an issue about the trailer, but it does somewhat irk me to see such emphasis placed on it, in light of what it might mean to other people.

Then again, if you didn't like the movie that much anyway, then the other thing isn't really an issue.

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
Because I was looking forward to the DVD specifically to get that trailer. So if it doesn't make the cut, I'll boycott.

I'm not all that difficult to please. Two minutes of video squeezed on the disc shouldn't be too much to ask for, should it?

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator
Am I the only person who's worried that they'll take the usual Columbia route, and release a movie-only version followed by a later Special Edition? (ex. 6th Day, Black Hawk Down)

Rob T

Screenwriter
I for one can't wait to have both Spidey and EPISODE II on my DVD shelf this November. It's gonna be a great Thanksgiving!
I agree with that!
Stan Lee got his cameo shortened by about a minute or so and he ended up being on screen for maybe .02 microseconds. I hope his full cameo is at least included as an easter egg. :)

Tom Oh

Second Unit
The best extra for me would be to have the original Spidey theme/opening. Better yet, include a pilot episode.

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I hope that they move all the extra features over to the 2nd disc. Since it's more than likely going to have commentaries, it's gonna need the rest to maximize the picture. Isn't that the reason we all upgraded to DVD in the first place? Also, count me in as someone who would also like the WTC trailer on the disc. Maybe Sam Raimi could record a short intro for it.

paul_v

Second Unit
Sweet! It comes out 2 days after my birthday =) Happy Birthday to me...Happy Birthday to me

hehe

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I am for one buying this the day it comes out. I will have to wait until next saturday here in the UK for the movie to come out, they are showing the trailers on many of the movies her.

I am most looking forward to the comic book exploration on the DVD along with the screentest of Tobey Maguire

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I for one can't wait to have both Spidey and EPISODE II on my DVD shelf this November. It's gonna be a great Thanksgiving!
Amen Add the FOTR SE later that month and it's gonna be one kickass holiday season
Double Amen to those 2 sentiments!!!!!!

Bring'em on! Me want them all!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I think the trailer could be easily included, and could be well marked so that those who don't want to see it don't have to. I think the trailer is a POSITIVE image of the WTC. Something we've been inundated with negative images of as of late. I think it should be included. I'd love to say that it'd be a dealbreaker for me because I feel that strongly about it, but alas it isn't. I already want this disc.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
not only did Spidey beat Ep2 at the box office but at the quality of the film. Story and entertainment.!!
I assume you're speaking only for yourself.

After adding my two scents to the irrelevant discussion, Frank is right. Do we really need to turn this into an AOTC bitchfest. Just deal with the Spider-Man DVD and be done with it.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
As said above, count me IN!
1) Ricardo is a huge SW fan...don't make snap judgements. Or don't make wrong ones :D
2) I am with Lou...November will be somewhat big;)
3) As a comic book fan from back when, the second disc looks great.
This was one of the best times I have ever had in a theater, and I hope to recreate that fun experience at home. I am very interested in the Dykstra commentary as well. While some may have beefs with the photorealism of the effects, I found them astounding and I can't wait to listen to the boss (John) discuss why.
And yes, they need to get Bruce on there more...his commentary would be great fun, if you can enjoy 2 hours of him taunting and insulting the director. And I would enjoy it:)
November is BIG!
Take care,
Chuck

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
This is what they need to do:

Take a hint from the Jerry Maguire SE: Put the movie with audio commentary (and DTS please) on disc one, then the video commentary on the second disc (and make that one double-sided).

Eric Fisher

Stunt Coordinator
I loved Spider-Man as much as the next person, but let's get the real story before boasting about sales figures. First off, Spider-Man opened in a LOT more theaters and screens than Episode 2 did, so it "should" bring in more money. Also, it has been estimated that almost 1 million people downloaded and viewed pirated versions of Episode 2 off the Internet before it was even released. Think about how that effects the numbers at a ticket price of $8.00 to $10.00 per person.
and people weren't pirating spider-man? I don't see how ep2 would be more effected by pirating than spider-man.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
These specs sound great! I must own this DVD. I'm also with many of you in hoping that the "World Trade Center" teaser is included. Whoever mentioned Raimi doing a brief intro had a good idea.
Plus, the normal theatrical trailer is simply fantastic! C'mon guys! How many times did you watch this trailer before May 5th? :laugh: I'm a big fan of good trailers, so I'll be a bit disappointed of this one's not on there.
I'll be buying it either way though. :)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Straight from http://www.ananova.com/entertainment...tainment.films
------------------------------------------------------------
But producer Laura Ziskin told Ananova the aim is to keep the special effects a secret because at least one sequel is being planned.
She says the DVD release will probably include commentaries and a history of Marvel Comics but no behind-the-scenes feature.
------------------------------------------------------------
I think this is a shame yet understandable when there are sequels planned. This is a cash cow indeed, so most likely we will see several versions of the DVD in the future. Tobey also mentiond that he might not be in all the sequels

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rferoni
Recent bookmarks